Author Topic: EDOUARD  (Read 2681 times)

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
EDOUARD
« on: September 12, 2014, 04:24:34 PM »
Hi Edouard
 What are you doing in the Atlantic Ocean moving away from the African coast [biggrin]

cheers

[cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Let's see if it makes a good sequel!! (Re: EDOUARD)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 09:39:29 PM »
Howdy Randall and  ;) . . . . those who fail to learn from history . . . . . . . . ;D

What are you doing in the Atlantic Ocean moving away from the African coast [biggrin]

;) . . . .  What!?!?!  Again? ? ? . . . ???

In the fall of 1996 I was teaching two courses at the Communications Department of U.C. San Diego.  That year Hurricane Edouard was the strongest storm of that season.  Here is the Wikipedia article about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Edouard_%281996%29

It ended up being a category 3 storm.  That year I put a photo of Hurricane Edouard on the door of my office.  I don't know if it impressed anybody but it was an "assertive hurricane:"

Alas, I could find any higher resolutions images handy on the web.

So, we'll just have to wait if this year is a good one for "sequels" . . . . . .  [biggrin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Another crummy Hollywood sequel!! (Re: EDOUARD)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »
Dear WeatherCat fans of good hurricane sequels,

Well, we did get a Hurricane Edouard for a little while, but now it is back to a tropical storm and is fizzling in the colder waters of the northern Atlantic.

Oh well, looks like another one of those botched Hollywood sequels!!  [lol2]

cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]