Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222334 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #390 on: July 27, 2016, 11:08:22 PM »
Perfect!! That solves the problem.

Thanks, Mark, you are the best!

What about my other question? In guages.js, what does the mobile scaling code do (approx line 39)? I have played with the setting but cannot see it makes any difference on my iPhone. See code below:

Code: [Select]
gaugeMobileScaling: 0.65,                   //scaling factor to apply when displaying the gauges mobile devices, set to 1 to disable (default 0.85)

Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #391 on: July 27, 2016, 11:26:06 PM »
It *should* make the gauges smaller (<1) or larger (>1) when they are shown on a small screen.

A "small screen" is defined as < 480 pixels wide at line 352. I suspect your iPhone has a better resolution than that? I actually make the gauges larger on a small screen on one of my pages, but it only fits two gauge at time on screen - one above the other.
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #392 on: July 27, 2016, 11:28:30 PM »
Ok. Thank your for the explanation. And thanks for staying up late just to support those of us across the pond.

Thanks, mate.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #393 on: July 31, 2016, 07:55:51 AM »
Mark:

I recently had to rebuild my website due to a hack. In the rebuild, I updated the theme and the security. After the rebuild, SteelSeries Gauges do not display properly on my iPhone. It does not resize to display all of the gauges as it previously did, and the popup graphs on the left side are off again. I tried going to gauges.js 2.5.15 but this did not impact the iPhone display. Is there anything you can suggest I take a look at to get them properly sorted on the iPhone? They look fine on OS X and on my iPad.

Thanks.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #394 on: August 01, 2016, 04:36:44 PM »
Hi Blic, I've just taken a look at this and the gauge resizing works if you just load up the gauges page (http://timberlakesutah.com/wp-content/uploads/Weather/SteelSeries/gauges-ss-basic.htm). Resize your desktop browser down so the window is pretty small and load that page to try it.

The problem I think is when you include the gauges as an iframe, you are specifying a fixed size, so when your main page loads the gauges stay the same width. If you try setting the iframe width to 100%, see what happens.
Mark

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #395 on: August 01, 2016, 11:38:16 PM »
Hi Cat Family and Mark
 Does any one have a copy of version 2.5.4 of the Steel Gauges zip file?
 I been running version 2.5.4 with no problems for me.
But I am getting ready to change web providers and need to be able to upload the files to the new server
I don't know what all will be involved to up grade to the latest version

cheers

[cheers1]

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #396 on: August 02, 2016, 03:19:19 PM »
Most of the versions are available on GitHub. Here is the link to version 2.5.4

To select the version you want, just click the 'NN commits' link on the GitHub page, then 'browse' the files, and select the download zip.
Mark

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #397 on: August 02, 2016, 07:33:31 PM »
Hi Mark
 thanks for the info went there but didn't see that version
Thanks again

[cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #398 on: August 02, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »
Mark's link took me right to it. Here is the full link for 2.5.4  Go here and then click on Download

https://github.com/mcrossley/SteelSeries-Weather-Gauges/tree/0138098a0ab13bebdbc56b98197d7014d8ffa69e

Randall, you will still have to make the exact same changes to get 2.5.4 working as you would have to do to run the latest release, which is 2.5.15.

Here is what Mark has tweaked since 2.5.4

Release History
=======================
  * Updated gauges.js
    - Removed deprecated RegExp.$1, and .selector code, plus other changes around the popups to make them compatible with JQuery 3.0

* Updated gauges.js
    - Reversed style change which named all functions. Back to anonymous functions.

* Updated gauges.js
    - Switched to using ESLINT and some stylistic changes to code and layout
    - Fix to Cloudbase autoscaling

* Updated gauges.js
    - Auto-disable wind variantion for MeteoBridge users
    - Uplift weewx data template version to 13
  * Updated gauge-data.txt.tmpl
    - Now uses non-localised units for more robust data conversions
    - Corrected dew point calculation
    - Improved rain in mm calculation

* Updated gauge-data.txt.tmpl
    - Fixes some data issues for WeeWx users

* Updated gauges.js
    - Improved rainrate and rainfall coloured sections for imperial units, they are now calculated from the metric units
  * Updated the SteelSeries library (steelseries.js, steelseries.min.js, steelseries_tween.min.js)
    - Updated from version 0.14.13 to 0.14.16

* Updated gauges.js
    - Applied fix for WView (lack of cloudbase unit)
  * Updated customclientraw.txtx (for WView)
    - Added cloudbase value/unit, incremented version to 11

* Updated gauges.js
    - Applied fix 2.5.7 to the temperature gauge as well, doh!
    - Fixed HTTP GET timeout errors when using long polling with real time intervals >= 30 seconds
    - Fixed broken code that prevented the page timing out when a valid password was supplied to the 'pageUpdate' URL parameter

* Updated gauges.js
    - Fix to the dewpoint gauge, now handles invalid values for today's hi/lo's more sensibly

* Updated language.js/language.min.js
    - Improved/added missing German translation from wurzelmac

* Updated gauges.js
    - Fixed UTF-8 corruption of ?C & ?F introduced in 2.5.4
    - Changed WeatherCat cloudbase graph from pressure1.jpg to cloudbase1.jpg
    - Added gaugeGlobal values for the direction gauge average pointer type and colour

* Updated gauges.js
    - Internal changes to support Cumulus MX dashboard
    - More error checking added for missing gauges on HTML page, it will now tolerate the removal of the LED,
      timer, status display etc.
    - Enables the cloudbase gauge for WeatherCat - Must be running WC version 2.10 or later
  * Updated realtimegaugesWC.txt, added cloudbase
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #399 on: August 02, 2016, 10:15:16 PM »
Hi Blick
 Thanks I down loaded them both and have 2.5.4 up and running I look at the latest version as soon as I have more time

thanks again to you both [tup]

cheers

[cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #400 on: August 02, 2016, 10:24:59 PM »
Hi Blic, I've just taken a look at this and the gauge resizing works if you just load up the gauges page (http://timberlakesutah.com/wp-content/uploads/Weather/SteelSeries/gauges-ss-basic.htm). Resize your desktop browser down so the window is pretty small and load that page to try it.

The problem I think is when you include the gauges as an iframe, you are specifying a fixed size, so when your main page loads the gauges stay the same width. If you try setting the iframe width to 100%, see what happens.

Mark, thanks for this suggestion. I know iframes are old school, and not really designed for loading stuff from one's own website, but since my weather site is in a WordPress installation, it seems to be the only way I can get some things to work.

I spent a couple of days trying to figure out how to load the page without using iframe. Didn't have any luck so I changed the iframe width to 100%, which indeed does scale properly on the iPhone. I made the same change to the embedded wind forecast section, which also fixed 98% of its iPhone scaling problems. It now scales fine horizontally, and almost fine vertically.

Once again, I really appreciate you taking a look and finding a solution to help me get properly sorted. That is incredible service from someone who is not using either OS X or WeatherCat. Thanks mate.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #401 on: August 02, 2016, 10:29:01 PM »
Thanks I down loaded them both and have 2.5.4 up and running I look at the latest version as soon as I have more time

I just took another look at your site. Nice to see those gauges spinning around doing their thing.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #402 on: August 10, 2016, 11:46:13 AM »
Hello Mark,

if you do have some extra time:
What do I have to replace if I want to go from 2.5.11 to 2.5.15? Replacing only the gauges.js file (done all the same modifications I have done to this file in V2.5.11) does not work (no gauges are displayed then).

Thanks in advance,
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #403 on: August 10, 2016, 03:43:33 PM »
Reinhard:

I went from 2.5.11 to 2.5.15 about 10 days ago and all I replaced was the js file. My first attempt also resulted in no gauges displayed. I just went back to my 2.5.11 gauges.js file and very carefully redid the edits. Second time worked fine. Something in one of your edited lines is incorrect.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #404 on: August 10, 2016, 03:52:29 PM »
Thank you very much, Blicj! Nice to hear that only the gauges.js file is to replace. I will double-check in time!
Reinhard