Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP Review at Apple App Store  (Read 2999 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
WeatherCatRCP Review at Apple App Store
« on: December 17, 2018, 11:01:38 PM »
Dear WeatherCatRCP Fans,

Someone recently posted a 2-star review for WeatherCatRCP for iOS at the Apple App Store. They had trouble connecting: "Can?t get it to work. It opens the first time, but can?t connect to my stuff only the test station setup, then crashes. Then it closes upon open after that until deleted and redownloaded. Rinse, repeat. - kp3_&_mp3"

First, if you know kp3_&_mp3, please ask them to post their problem on this forum so that I can help them. Frequently, the problem lies with their system setup, not with WeatherCatRCP.

Second, if you feel that WeatherCatRCP deserves better than a 2-star review, please take a moment to add your rating and review. Here is the link to WeatherCatRCP in the Apple App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weathercatrcp/id1218064724?mt=8

Thank you

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCatRCP Review at Apple App Store
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 12:17:43 AM »
I don't know who it is but it's probably Edouard.

Hahaha. Just kidding, my Orinda Classic Car Center friend.

I just sent my own review, which differs from the previous reviewer by a total of 3 stars.
Blick

PaSun

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 02:03:57 AM »
Grand,
No idea about the individual who gave the rating, but I just added my *****.
~Paul

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Lucky I have an iPhone keyboard! (Re: WeatherCatRCP Review)
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 12:37:10 AM »
Dear Grand, Blick, Paul, and WeatherCat iOS power users,

Someone recently posted a 2-star review for WeatherCatRCP for iOS at the Apple App Store.

. . . .

Sorry to hear that.  :(  I really don't think people realize how much harm they do when they act like cry-babies instead of trying to understand what the problem.  Worst still, is the general lack of civility in public communications.

Second, if you feel that WeatherCatRCP deserves better than a 2-star review, please take a moment to add your rating and review.

I don't know who it is but it's probably Edouard.

Hahaha. Just kidding, my Orinda Classic Car Center friend.

No it wasn't me, but I would like to give Apple's App store some grief over how they insist you review an App.  Obviously, you can't allow a Mac to review an iOS App - why not?  ??? 

Okay, no big deal since I have an iPad with a nice keyboard.  No, you can't use an iPad because WeatherCatRCP doesn't run on an iPad - you can't write a review on another device than what the App runs on?  [goofy]

Fortunately, I do have a Bluetooth keyboard for my iPhone so I just posted a detailed and thoughtful review that should discourage crybabies from trying out WeatherCatRCP without first understanding what they are doing.

I'm more than a little upset at the way Apple is literally contributing to the sort of thoughtless review that Grand has been saddled with.  Apple should be trying to encourage everyone to be thoughtful in the review process.  Allowing people to write with a keyboard instead of texting shorthand would go a long way toward encouraging thoughtful and detailed reviews.

Oh well, . . . . . Edouard

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 10:37:26 AM »
To all WeatherCatRCP users:

I just posted my 5 star review of this app....hope that helps. I admit I am lax at posting positive reviews of apps at times,
so thank you for the reminder. As for the 2 star review, obviously someone who does not understand the operations of the app.
If they step forward? I would be happy to help them out.

Thanks as always Grand Poohbah for a great app!!  [cheer] [cheer]

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 05:54:32 PM »
Dear WeatherCatRCP Fans,

It's heartwarming to see the excellent WeatherCatRCP reviews that you posted on the Apple App Store site. You are a wonderful community and greatly appreciated. It's your enthusiasm and support that make WeatherCat software better. It couldn't happen with you.

Thank you,

--grand