Author Topic: Zambretti Problem  (Read 2539 times)

embayweather

• Strong Breeze
    • DW3656
    • lENGLAND128
    • Lancastrian Imaging
  • Station Details: Oregon WM928, Intel Mac 2.5Ghz, I5 Quad core, Met Office spec manual instruments, Cat, WD, 1-wire, Labjack, Lightning Radar
Zambretti Problem
« on: September 30, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
I mentioned elsewhere that my machine was not being kind to me and was causing problems with the Zambretti script. It has happened twice more and one the second time I managed to get a screen grab of it. Edouard, I wonder if you would be kind enough to point me in the direction of the problem please? I find the script really so useful and I do not want to eb without it.

Thanks

best wishes

Mike

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Finder is unable to locate WeatherCat (Re: Zambretti Problem)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19:45 PM »
Howdy Mike and WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

I mentioned elsewhere that my machine was not being kind to me and was causing problems with the Zambretti script. It has happened twice more and one the second time I managed to get a screen grab of it. Edouard, I wonder if you would be kind enough to point me in the direction of the problem please?

Hmm, that error looks to me like the AppleScript is trying to launch a "non-existent" WeatherCat application.  This has happened to me in the past when you have more than one copy of the WeatherCat application file itself.  The easiest way to test for this is to use the Open Dictionary option from the AppleScript Editor File menu.  It turns out I have such a "rogue" copy of WeatherCat on my system so here is an example:

I've found that having multiple copies of WeatherCat can cause problems.  I think the reason is what seems obvious from that screenshot . . . . what on earth are all those repeated listings of WeatherCat?

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to eliminate them.  However, if they all point to the same version of WeatherCat, it appears to be fine.

Mike, see if you might have additional copies of WeatherCat and see if deleting them will make your problem go away.  If you want to archive versions of WeatherCat, try compressing them.  That hides them from the prying eyes of AppleScript.

Hope that gets you out of trouble!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

embayweather

• Strong Breeze
    • DW3656
    • lENGLAND128
    • Lancastrian Imaging
  • Station Details: Oregon WM928, Intel Mac 2.5Ghz, I5 Quad core, Met Office spec manual instruments, Cat, WD, 1-wire, Labjack, Lightning Radar
Re: Zambretti Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »
Thank you so much for your hep Edouard. as far as I know I have no other copies anywhere as I have had problems with them in the past. I will double check my system and come back to you.

Best wishes

Mike