Author Topic: Auch Ai frae Bonnie Scotland  (Read 4671 times)

Breezy

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue. 2011 iMac and Mini Server
Auch Ai frae Bonnie Scotland
« on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:10 AM »
Hello from the Scottish Borders, where we do occasionally have a little weather.
I am fairly new to weather recording, using a Davis Vantage Vue, which seems to do a great job. Love the Weathercat software.

I wondered if anybody has used the Weatherlink to IP with the Davis system. I have read that the data is not as well logged as that by the serial cable and less frequent, which seems unhelpful. Apparently wind gusts are not recorded..anybody got a view? I would love to move over to IP so I can run the Davis on my server.

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: Auch Ai frae Bonnie Scotland
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »
Ach weel anither yin frae Scotland  [cheers1] That makes three from Gods country then !  [bounce]

I'm another newcomer, only got my Vantage Vue setup and running at the end of January.

I'm originally from East Kilbride, then spent 16 years in Helensburgh, before moving down to Suffolk  [sweat] 16 years ago. We get some weather (sometimes) but nothing like I used to get on the West coast  [rainyluck]

I see from Stu's instruction manual that the  [cat] will let all the Vantage Vue options work when using IP, I think if you used the weatherlink software that all the Data goes to the Davis website and you cannot play with the raw data.

Cheers JC

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 06:09:14 PM »
Welcome to the forums Angus.

Cheers,
Stu.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
Welcome Angus to the community of WeatherCat fans!  [cat]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »
Welcome! I'm a devotee of your distilled export products in their finest form! :D

Slainte Mhath!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Breezy

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue. 2011 iMac and Mini Server
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 10:56:46 PM »
Thanks Jace for your info regarding the IP system. http://athena.trixology.com/Smileys/default/interesting.gif. I guess I will give it a whirl...I have some great friends in Bury...we are always comparing weather! and for a change we have all the sun in the North this weekend.

Most impressed with the Weathercat so far...keep up the good work and thanks all for your welcome
Angus

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Glad on both counts!! (Re: Auch Ai frae Bonnie Scotland)
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 03:43:24 PM »
Dear Angus and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

We are always comparing weather! and for a change we have all the sun in the North this weekend.

Glad you have had a chance to get a healthy dose of sunshine to recharge your batteries!  [sun2]

Most impressed with the Weathercat so far...keep up the good work and thanks all for your welcome

Stu has gotten some very devoted followers precisely because  da' Cat is such a terrific program!  [cat]

Glad to have you part of the community!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]