Author Topic: Sharx webcam sale (no need to add to/change subject)  (Read 1617 times)

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
Sharx webcam sale (no need to add to/change subject)
« on: August 22, 2019, 05:43:11 PM »
"Sharx NEW 2020 Models 25% off Limited Time Camera Sale Is On Now!"

http://bit.ly/2HkR3Od

At least three of us here on the forum have had good luck with their webcams. I will note though that they carry a premium price. This was a mailing to existing customers but I think anyone is eligible.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Sharx webcam sale (no need to add to/change subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 09:28:09 PM »
I am happy with my older camera (SCNC3924) using WiFi. I think they have stopped using that connection method as their priority is security. Multiple cameras are probably more easily handled via Ethernet. The cameras are excellent and my first one was PoE connected. That is my preferred method, but I've not had any problems with WiFi.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:53:21 PM »
I have two SCNC3924, two SCNC3905, and two (retired) SCNC3605 cameras. Friday I received one each of the new HTNC2404TM and HTNC2404M cameras. As noted, they no longer sell WiFi IP cameras. We previously speculated that some similar cameras on Amazon under the TriVision brand were Sharx cameras. I have it first hand that that is not the case.

Setup was...different! Not only is it a new camera. Their software is completely different than what we've been used to before. And this is the first camera I've set up from scratch on the Eero instead of Apple's dead simple Airport Utility. Power up the PoE, looked for a new device on the network, and nothing. Ended up having to connect it directly to my iMac, turn off wifi, set Ethernet to connect to a specific IP address (not marked on the camera or documentation anywhere...) and then make changes. Then put it back on the network to complete the setup.

This took way longer than I expected, and involved two rounds of very detailed instructions from a Sharx support guy on Saturday and a 30 minute follow up phone call on Sunday to make sure everything was okay, and to offer suggestions and other tools in the new cameras. We've said it before, but Sharx Security has the *best* support staff in the business, and are worth the premium price for their cameras.

Now I need to finish running Cat 6 cable to the new locations, and poke some holes in the house.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 05:28:50 PM »
Recommend either of two free IP scanner apps: LanScan and IP Scanner Lite. Both at the Mac Apple Store. If there is something on the Ethernet, they will find it.  ThU32:-) ... now that you've already found their addresses...  [rolleyes2]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 11:08:20 PM »
Recommend either of two free IP scanner apps: LanScan and IP Scanner Lite. Both at the Mac Apple Store. If there is something on the Ethernet, they will find it.  ThU32:-) ... now that you've already found their addresses...  [rolleyes2]

You would think! But I used Sharx own IP scanner *made* to look for their cameras, Two different iOS scanners, and launched Windows XP Pro and used their excellent IP scanner. Nadda! Sharx couldn't figure out why, unless it is something with Eero's system.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 02:20:09 AM »
I can see that asking a an IP scanner to find IP addresses might be a reach, but when the scanner comes from the device manufacturer, you would think it could find its own siblings amongst those thousands of IP addresses you are hogging on your home network in Ohio.
Blick