Author Topic: AcuRite Atlas  (Read 2937 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
AcuRite Atlas
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:13:37 PM »
Here is a review of the new AcuRite Atlas weather station, which the reviewer likes as an alternative to the Davis Vantage Vue.

https://www.techhive.com/article/3315622/software-weather/acurite-atlas-weather-station-review.html
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Interesting - thanks for sharing. (Re: AcuRite Atlas)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 10:15:17 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat station window shoppers,

Here is a review of the new AcuRite Atlas weather station, which the reviewer likes as an alternative to the Davis Vantage Vue.

Thanks for sharing.  It is an interesting and well documented review.  It is clear that AcuRite is joining the suitors going after the high-end weather station market.  At the moment I think Davis continues to succeed on reputation alone.  I'm sure Davis management is struggling with the problem.  I would expect they have designs for a Vantage Pro-3 on the drawing board.  The big issue must be if the present economy is strong enough to generate the sales needed to recover the costs of new tooling and production.  Ironically, Davis hardware is so tough that they probably cannot expect that many existing Davis station owners to upgrade simply to get the latest and greatest hardware.  Davis certainly doesn't have the sort of following that Apple does when it comes to new toys.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: AcuRite Atlas
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:12:53 PM »
 [woohoo]

Thanks for sharing!
Reinhard