Author Topic: NOAA style files  (Read 18217 times)

AstroSteve

• Gentle Breeze
    • KJ6IIW
    • KCAACTON3
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless, iMac 27"
Re: NOAA style files
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 01:31:09 AM »
Wow, that's strange.  Did you build all those reports using the scripts it the first post of this thread? Cause they look messed up from the beginning of time.

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD, Mac Mini Server (2018)
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 01:52:10 AM »
Yup. Wrote a simple shell script that just fires them over and over (starting with my oldest data in 2009).

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
for ((a=2009; a<=2014; a++))
do
 for ((b=1;b<=12;b++))
 do
  if (($b<10)); then
    c=0$b
  else
    c=$b
  fi
  d="$a-$c"
  curl -d "reportdate=$d" http://127.0.0.1/createnoaa.php
  curl -d "reportdate=$d" http://127.0.0.1/createclimate.php
  #echo $d
 done
done

So... something is definitely wonky here. Looks like the issue truly fixed itself on/around 10/06/2013 (http://www.staze.org/weather/noaa/dailynoaareport102013.html). I don't see the issue reappear after that date. Looks like that's around the time WC 1.2.2 was in beta.

OH! That's the exact day I got my new weather station... before that, I was having my weather data drop in and out, so it was producing NULL values for certain time periods for temp/humidity, etc. But, right before that time, the "rawrain_mm" in mysql is indeed set to 372.4mm, which would be the total rain for... the year? No, it stays in that same range until 2013-08-21 21:18:44, at which point it jumps to 1117.8 for a few hours, then back down to 219.

So, WCDev/Stu, if you read this, any idea what might be going on? It would seem WC might have been getting data from my previous weather station, and some of the values might have been off/missing, which caused WC to insert data into the DB wrong? I guess I could not have reports from before that, but it seems like a huge waste to throw away 4 years of data... Did a DB column get deleted/added/moved during the 1.2.x period?
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

AstroSteve

• Gentle Breeze
    • KJ6IIW
    • KCAACTON3
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »
The rain seems fixed but you're still missing wind data.  Is the wind data in your DB?

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD, Mac Mini Server (2018)
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 05:52:35 PM »
It is, in fact, the Wind data is in the "text" NOAA files: http://www.staze.org/weather/noaa/dailynoaareport102014.html but missing from the "pretty" output http://www.staze.org/weather/noaa/climatedataout102014.html

So... I'm unsure.
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

AstroSteve

• Gentle Breeze
    • KJ6IIW
    • KCAACTON3
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 07:47:20 PM »
I just ran my creatclimate.php script on a previous month and it created every thing like it's supposed to.  What happens if you run the createclimate scrip direct? Pick a month and just run it for that month without your shell script and see what the data looks like for that month after.

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2014, 09:23:39 PM »
I just ran my creatclimate.php script on a previous month and it created every thing like it's supposed to.  What happens if you run the createclimate scrip direct? Pick a month and just run it for that month without your shell script and see what the data looks like for that month after.

Wind data is still missing. Tried on 2014-09. Also manually ran the query against the WindData table, and it returns all the values expected (all 43193 rows).

Also of interest, after and "explain", it might be better to do the Timezone conversion in PHP rather than MySQL. I added an index for the WC tables on Time, but because you're doing CONVERT_TZ in mysql, it won't use that index, so it searches the whole db for what it needs. If you remove that convert, mysql will use the index, and only looks at the values it needs.

Just a thought (I can probably make that change myself pretty quickly and upload the result this weekend).

AstroSteve

• Gentle Breeze
    • KJ6IIW
    • KCAACTON3
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2014, 03:47:56 PM »
The only thing I can think of is the query is returning empty on the wind data.  That comes from a different table called WindData.  But the dailynoaareport shows the correct data so that rules that out because the SELECT statements are the same. 

The data is put in the file differently in the climate report.  The noaa report puts it a line at a time while the climate one gets aall the data and puts it a column at a time. For some reason, your data is failing the the IF statement in function Put_row at the end of the script.  I check to see if there is something in the value passed and we are not past the last day in the month. so 1 of 2 things is happening.  Either your days_in_month is getting set wrong, which can't be because all the other reading get put in correctly, or your query is returning nothing. The data is put in an array, it the case of the wind, they are $Ave_windspd, $Ave_wind_dir, $gust and $gust_dir. Yours seems to be getting set to "" for each day.  You can check the query by putting something like:

if (!$result) {
    $message  = 'Invalid query: ' . mysql_error() . "\n";
    $message .= 'Whole query: ' . $query;
    die($message);
}

after the query at line 115. 

If that passes, I would put an echo statement somewhere in the while loop that starts at line 121 to output some of the values that were returned, like echo $row['Windspeed_kmh']."<br />"; , or any other variable you want to check the value of. Your file would look messed up while testing but if you only do it on one month, once you find where the data is getting corrupt, you would fix the problem then run that month again.

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2014, 02:25:37 AM »
Turns out I had most my error reporting turned off... See the output when I turned it all on. This is for generating my 2014-10 data...

Code: [Select]
Notice: Undefined variable: c_day in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 51
Notice: Undefined index: 1 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 67
Warning: Division by zero in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 171
Warning: Division by zero in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 172
Notice: Undefined index: 1 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 173
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 2 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 3 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 4 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 5 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 6 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 7 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 8 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 9 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 10 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 11 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 12 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 13 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 14 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 15 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 16 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 17 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 18 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 19 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 20 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 21 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 22 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 23 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 24 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 25 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 26 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 27 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 28 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 29 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 30 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 31 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 2 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 3 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 4 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 5 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 6 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 7 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 8 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 9 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 10 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 11 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 12 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 13 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 14 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 15 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 16 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 17 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 18 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 19 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 20 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 21 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 22 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 23 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 24 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 25 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 26 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 27 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 28 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 29 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 30 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 31 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 6 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 7 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 8 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 9 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 10 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 11 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 12 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 13 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 14 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 15 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 16 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 17 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 18 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 19 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 20 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 21 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 22 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 23 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 24 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 25 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 26 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 27 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 28 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 29 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 30 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 31 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 6 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 7 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 8 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 9 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 10 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 11 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 12 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 13 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 14 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 15 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 16 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 17 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 18 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 19 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 20 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 21 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 22 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 23 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 24 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 25 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 26 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 27 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 28 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 29 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 30 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined offset: 31 in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 275
Notice: Undefined variable: gust_dir in /var/www/html/weather/noaa/createclimate.php on line 254

BTW, this is PHP 5.3.28.

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2014, 06:53:35 AM »
Found it. It's in the Convert_Tz part of the sql query. I made the change in noaa, but not in climate for wind. You have to change "UTC" to "Etc/UTC".

That said, still bad data in the rain field... will have to figure that one out.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2014, 02:20:50 PM »
Did a DB column get deleted/added/moved during the 1.2.x period?

No columns added or removed - there's a variable in the private table called dataVersion - if something was changed this would be incremented.

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »
WCDev,

Thanks. Any thoughts on the weird rain data? Did you used to store rain totals for a given period rather than amounts for that day? Because as I mentioned earlier, these values are in the MySQL db.

Thanks!

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
On a Vantage/Vue the RawRain_mm column is the daily rain as received from the console - there's no processing performed on it (apart from to convert it to mm's). It should start at 0 at the start of the day and increment from there (assuming there's rain on that day).

On a different station type, again it's whatever is available from the console - typically a continuously incrementing amount (until the rain counter resets).

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »
On a Vantage/Vue the RawRain_mm column is the daily rain as received from the console - there's no processing performed on it (apart from to convert it to mm's). It should start at 0 at the start of the day and increment from there (assuming there's rain on that day).

On a different station type, again it's whatever is available from the console - typically a continuously incrementing amount (until the rain counter resets).

Ah... That makes sense then. Any knowledge on when that counter resets for the 23xx stations (that's what I had previous to the Vue). That's going to be a bear to re-process. :/

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2014, 03:00:41 PM »
2499 mm is the max quoted in the 2300 manual.

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2014, 03:04:57 PM »
Hmm.  We never get that much rain in a day, so hopefully I can just go day by day and calculate deltas.

That does make things more challenging.

Any insight why you chose to just store data as the console gave it rather than normalize it for all station types?