Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222224 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #480 on: March 02, 2017, 07:25:13 PM »
Here are the changes Mark made to the last several releases of SteelSeries Gauges:

* Updated gauges.js
    - Added CS tweak for WD users who normally use wxgraphs for the popup images, changes aspect ratio.
    - Now obeys the various default scale ranges in gaugeGlobals.[gauge]ScaleDef[Min|Max][unit] settings

* Updated gauges.js
    - Added new config item "showWindMetar" to enable the METAR substring for wind on the direction gauge,
      the default is now disabled (was enabled). Previously you could only disable it by not showing any
      wind variation on the gauge.

* Updated gauges.js
    - Minor code style/format changes
    - Fixed the display of todays high/low decimal places the singleBaro.update() function
    - Fixed an issue with the Ajax timeout error handling
    - Amended the hPa to inchesHg conversion to use 3 decimals for inches
    - Amended the popup tooltip positioning and sizing to try and keep it on-screen better on tiny displays
    - Added config.roundCloudbaseVal to enable/disable cloud base rounding for display
  * Updated gauges-ssT.htm, index.html.tmpl, gauges-ssT.htx, steelseriesVWSjson.php
    - Fixed the demo HTML templates to use double quotes for element ids
  * Updated steelseriesVWSjson.php
    - Added no cache header
    - Cosmetic changes
  * Updated gauge-data.txt.tmpl (Changes via pull request 3 from gjr80)
    - humidex calc now (correctly) uses dewpoint in degree K
    - removed redunant code in humidex and apptemp calcs
  * Updated language.js language.min.js
    - Minor change to Norwegan 'meters' -> 'meter'

* Updated gauges.js
    - Removed deprecated RegExp.$1, and .selector code, plus other changes around the popups to make them compatible with JQuery 3.0
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #481 on: March 02, 2017, 08:42:41 PM »
I have updated the wiki article for installing and customising the latest release of Mark Crossley's SteelSeries Gauges (2.5.18). Generally, if you are using a template, this does not apply to your website if the developer has provided you with that template's version of the Gauges. However, if you are using Edouard's SeaMonkey template, it is time to put some pressure on him to leave the Buick in the garage for 24 hours and install these ultra-cool gauges on his website so he will have something about which to be excited.

Enjoy.

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Steel_Series_Gauges#How_to_configure_the_SteelSeries_Gauges_for_WeatherCat
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #482 on: April 18, 2017, 06:21:13 PM »
Mark:

I assume the Calculated Cloud Base for the gauges is provided by WeatherCat, but want to verify. Do you get it from WeatherCat or calculate it independently?

Thanks.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #483 on: April 19, 2017, 05:48:25 PM »
It comes from WC - STAT$CLOUDBASE:CURRENT$
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #484 on: April 22, 2017, 09:26:20 PM »
I have been a bit remiss posting announcements of new releases (on all the forums), but version 2.6.0 is now available. The changes are listed at the bottom of the readme

Repository is here: https://github.com/mcrossley/SteelSeries-Weather-Gauges
Direct download of zip: https://github.com/mcrossley/SteelSeries-Weather-Gauges/archive/master.zip

Note: In order to try out different colour combinations and gauge styles, you can use my gauge demo pages:
Radial Gauges, LinearGauges, Extra Gauges, StopWatch Gauge, Traffic Lights, Light Bulb, LCD Sections,
Wind Radar Gauge
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #485 on: April 22, 2017, 10:54:48 PM »
Thanks for the good news. I know what I'm going to be doing on Monday (the next time I can grant myself some SteelSeries time).
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #486 on: April 23, 2017, 06:35:28 AM »
Couldn't wait. When I got home tonight, I upgraded to version 2.6.0. Thanks Mark, for continuing to improve the SteelSeries Gauges and for making them available to the backyard weather station community. Well done, mate!

I have updated the Wiki to reflect new line numbers to conform to this release: http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Steel_Series_Gauges

Sorry Reinhard, still no altimeter face on the Cloud Base Gauge for the common people (including you and me). ;)
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #487 on: April 23, 2017, 09:25:32 AM »
Thanks Mark for continuous improving your script. Up and running the latest version, although no altimeter face for cloud base implemented yet.  ;)

One question, Mark: The odometer (and all other gauges) do show white text except the string "km" - how to change this one?

Thanks again,
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #488 on: April 23, 2017, 10:12:50 AM »
Argh! I forgot about the titles changing colour with the background - a patch coming soon!
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #489 on: April 23, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »
Done. 2.6.1 now available ...

Code: [Select]
@ -2224,6 +2224,7 @@ function () {
                      ctx.save();
                      // set the font
                      ctx.font = 0.08 * size + 'px serif';
 +                    ctx.strokeStyle = gaugeGlobals.background.labelColor.getRgbaColor();
                      ctx.fillStyle = gaugeGlobals.background.labelColor.getRgbColor();
                      ctx.textAlign = 'center';
                      ctx.textBaseline = 'middle';
 @@ -2246,6 +2247,8 @@ function () {
                      ctx.textAlign = 'center';
                      ctx.textBaseline = 'middle';
                      ctx.font = 0.05 * cache.gaugeSize + 'px Arial,Verdana,sans-serif';
 +                    ctx.strokeStyle = gaugeGlobals.background.labelColor.getRgbaColor();
 +                    ctx.fillStyle = gaugeGlobals.background.labelColor.getRgbaColor();
                      ctx.fillText(cache.gaugeOdoTitle, cache.plotSize2, cache.plotSize * 0.75, cache.plotSize * 0.5);
                      ctx.restore();
                  }
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #490 on: April 23, 2017, 11:08:12 AM »
 [tup]
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #491 on: April 25, 2017, 05:59:40 AM »
Thanks Mark. I have updated the WeatherCat Wiki to conform to the line changes in the version 2.6.1 gauges.js file.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #492 on: August 28, 2017, 02:59:13 PM »
Thanks Mark for the next improvement, much appreciated!  ThU32:-)

Blick, just detected that Mark is on 2.6.3 in the meantime:

Release History
=======================
  Updated
  * gauges.js
  * gauges-ss-basic-inc.php
  * gauges-ss-basic.htm
    - Added rel="noopener" to progam html links

* Updated gauges.js
    - Solar gauge: Fixed the "over theoretical" sector not displaying correctly above the default gauge max scale value.
    - Solar gauge: Added sector to indicate 'sun is shining'.
    - Wind gauge: Added animation to rescaling.
    - UV gauge: Added rescaling back to default and animation.
    - Rain gauge: Added rescaling back to default.

:)
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #493 on: August 28, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »
Thanks Reinhard, I'll upgrade. I usually check about once a month but haven't done so lately.
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #494 on: August 29, 2017, 12:20:16 AM »
Yikes, I'm on 2.5.17. I guess I haven't been paying attention!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook