Author Topic: Hi from Aberdeen, North East Scotland  (Read 2881 times)

myst

• Calm
Hi from Aberdeen, North East Scotland
« on: August 08, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »
Hi everyone.

Just getting back into weather watching after a disastrous year or two and the demise of the LWC forums. Looking forward to getting some new kit and some new software.
The hardware is long gone, Two La Crosse 2350s went down within a space of two months and the G5 iMac eventually did the capacitor leakage thing and died a death although the G4 Anglepoise iMac in the garage is still going strong.

Oh yes, the ticker decided to throw a wobblie right in the middle of all that which slowed things down a bit. [banghead]

Anyway, I've got a nice new iMac to play around with and SWMBO has got me a new Mini for the workshop. Just need the software and the weather station to get going again. Nice to see some of the guys on here, Les Cimes and wurzelmac from the other forum to name but a few.

So, it's going to be WeatherCat software and I think I'd be better with a Davis weather station but, having been away for a while, I'll gladly be guided by the rest of the gang.

Best wishes

Bob.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Hi from Aberdeen, North East Scotland
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum Bob!

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome and inquire (Re: Hi from Aberdeen, North East Scotland)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »
Howdy Bob, Stu, and da' Cat fans, . . . .  [cat]

To repeat . . . Welcome!!

The hardware is long gone, Two La Crosse 2350s went down within a space of two months and the G5 iMac eventually did the capacitor leakage thing and died a death although the G4 Anglepoise iMac in the garage is still going strong.

Oh yes, the ticker decided to throw a wobblie right in the middle of all that which slowed things down a bit. [banghead]

Bummer dude . . . all those hardware problems!!

Anyway, I've got a nice new iMac to play around with and SWMBO has got me a new Mini for the workshop. Just need the software and the weather station to get going again. Nice to see some of the guys on here, Les Cimes and wurzelmac from the other forum to name but a few.

So, it's going to be WeatherCat software and I think I'd be better with a Davis weather station but, having been away for a while, I'll gladly be guided by the rest of the gang.

Free free to ask any questions you might have.  Certainly Davis is a conservative choice, but even with this the brand name there are some choices to be made.  Certainly some Davis fans around here who can help.

Welcome again and hope we can help you put everything back together again weather station wise!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Hi from Aberdeen, North East Scotland
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Bob. We'd be happy to help spend your money! :)

These guys sure helped me out last year on the MacWeather.net forum (replacement for the LWC forum before WeatherCat's introduction.)

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook