Author Topic: WeatherCat Q&A  (Read 1339 times)

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
WeatherCat Q&A
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:34:25 PM »
Hello folks,
I'm currently stuck out in India for the next week - it's a horrible flight from the UK (although BA did well this time!). Anyway, it gave me some time to think and one of the ideas that hopped into my head somewhere over Pakistan was it might be fun to do a video Q&A when I get back.

So, here's the idea: If you have any questions  (about WeatherCat :) ), post them here and when I get back, if there's enough questions and it hasn't gone all silly, and I can find the time (do I have enough caveats there??) I'll sit down in front of a camera, read them out and answer the ones I can answer - should be fun!

Cheers,
Stu.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
To get the ball rolling . . . (Re: WeatherCat Q&A)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 11:27:32 PM »
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat faithful,

I'm currently stuck out in India for the next week - it's a horrible flight from the UK (although BA did well this time!).

Sorry about the tough flight and I'm sure a grueling work-week ahead.

So, here's the idea: If you have any questions  (about WeatherCat :) ), post them here and when I get back, if there's enough questions and it hasn't gone all silly, and I can find the time (do I have enough caveats there??) I'll sit down in front of a camera, read them out and answer the ones I can answer - should be fun!

Well I can't think of any question that is particularly inspired, but perhaps this will get the ball rolling:

Stu what is personally your favorite WeatherCat feature and how to you use it to deal with the weather in your neck of the woods?

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCat Q&A
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 06:46:47 AM »
Great idea Stu.

Can you give us a brief overview of what you generally hope to add to WeatherCat's feature set over the next couple of years?
Blick

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
Re: WeatherCat Q&A
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 03:11:10 PM »
1. Have the niggling remaining issues when switching between daylight savings time and standard time finally been put to bed? As I recall last switchover, the Query lookup was off by an hour after the switchover until the month rolled over. Everything worked normally again starting 1 April 2017.

2. Could we get start getting some earlier feedback on what your pre-release testing is showing as Apple moves closer and closer to major releases? In my case, I run the beta releases on a testing partition so it's not the end of the world if WC would cause a catastrophic failure but why should it need to get to that point? Presumably you already know the major problem areas (if any) from testing the developer releases so why not share your results in a broad overview fashion and make life easier for the rest of us who would rather not wait months to move to the next OS (and take advantage of the new features) if there are really no major problems with WC?

3. Could we get an in-order listing please of the user-requested changes which you've put on the to-look-at/to-incorporate list and a guestimate of when they might be incorporated?