Author Topic: Greetings from MCN in Mendocino, California.  (Read 3501 times)

MCN_weather

• Calm
    • KCAMENDO1
    • KCAMENDO1
    • Mendocino Weather
  • Station Details: Located at the High School in Mendocino on the Shop building.
Greetings from MCN in Mendocino, California.
« on: August 24, 2016, 08:46:38 PM »
Greetings - we are located in Mendocino, California - our local high school has allowed us to place equipment on their shop building. Our web site for weather is: http://weather.mcn.org.

We are owned and operated by the Mendocino Unified School District.

Our web cam is located on Main St (not far) away from our weather station, but shows how foggy it can get here, and the conditions in the Mendocino Bay.

We are happy to be joining the forum.

We are using a Davis Vantage Pro 2 - and a Mac Mini to gater and post the data using WeatherCat V2.3.1  8)

We recently had some equipment failure with our dew point / humidity sensor, once we replaced that - we are able to gather and post data again.  We bought our new gear in 2012 - but have been displaying weather information since 1999.

I did re-orientate the sensor so it points DOWN not UP as it came out of the original setup.  Perhaps that will help it last more than 4 years? It generally does not snow here, and does not get to hot either.

Someday as time allows I will post some pictures of our installation if people are interested.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
Re: Greetings from MCN in Mendocino, California.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:50:25 PM »
Welcome aboard! Mendocino is a great area. We'll look forward to some great weather from you.

MCN_weather

• Calm
    • KCAMENDO1
    • KCAMENDO1
    • Mendocino Weather
  • Station Details: Located at the High School in Mendocino on the Shop building.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 08:51:47 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome!

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 08:54:54 PM »
Welcome aboard, MCN_weather!

Glad you found us, have fun here!
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 02:53:52 PM »
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum. Let's hope your upside down theory works. Perhaps if I has stood on my head in high school, I would have gotten higher math grades.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 03:35:45 PM »
Welcome AboaRd, MCN_weather! Good to have some more left-coasters! Perhaps, if we get enough, the NWS will send some rain your way?
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 11:16:37 PM »
Dear MCN_weather, Grand, Reinhard, Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, . . . .

Greetings - we are located in Mendocino, California

By all means welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

Someday as time allows I will post some pictures of our installation if people are interested.

If you can find the time, by all means post some pictures in this topic:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=969.0

As the old saying goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat(fish) and it is helpful to newcomers who haven't set up their stations yet to see as many diverse examples of how people set up their instruments.

Once more, Welcome!

Edouard

P.S. Feel free to use a name if you feel up to it.  We are a very friendly bunch!