Author Topic: A someday request - a "kinder and gentler" website test facility.  (Read 2481 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear Stu and WeatherCat fans,

I wanted to check some minor code modifications so I decided to use "Test Web Pages Locally" button on the Custom Web preference page . . . . .

. . . .  Pow ! . .  Zap !  . . .  Bong !!! . . . .  Zowwy !! . . .

In less than 3-4 seconds I had two movies opened up on Quicktime, a ton of graphics opened up with Preview, and almost 20 web pages, every one opened in a separate separate browser window.

Now admittedly it is not only effective, but it provides an unexpected bonus.  I was finding WeatherCat templates I thought I had long since deleted!!

Still, this test facility is a little, say we say - rough! - especially when you are just debugging code changes on one page.

I would not expect this to deserve very high priority on the to-do list, but Stu, if you could assign it is correct priority it would be appreciated!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. Now to figure out where all those unwanted templates are lurking!

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: A someday request - a "kinder and gentler" website test facility.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 08:32:08 AM »
I'll add it to the todo list - at the moment it opens everything in the destination folder, but as you've seen there could be old stuff lying about in there that isn't used any more. It could be more intelligent.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Stu! (Re: "kinder and gentler" website test facility. )
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:04:11 PM »
Dear Stu and WeatherCat fans,

I'll add it to the todo list - at the moment it opens everything in the destination folder, but as you've seen there could be old stuff lying about in there that isn't used any more. It could be more intelligent.

Thanks Stu, definitely one of those things to just mull over and deal with when it makes sense.  I must confess that part of the shock was a result of the SSD.  Wow, not only did things start to open, but everything really happened all at once!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]