Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222170 times)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »
No success here on my side: I always get the reminder that the SteelSeries requires WeatherCat V 1.14 or later. No that I am using the german language settings my WeatherCat shows V 1,14 ... the point/comma issue returns.  :'( Maybe there is a chance to tell the gauges.js that it should accept 1.14 and 1,14.
Aside this one it would be cool if someone can explain which files should point to which data - thanks in advance to all SteelSeries workers!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2013, 08:22:18 PM »

Aside this one it would be cool if someone can explain which files should point to which data - thanks in advance to all SteelSeries workers!
Cheers, Reinhard

That's the problem I'm having as well, gettin Http request failed so I've got something wrong somewhere.

John

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2013, 08:43:22 PM »
I don't know if it is right, but here's what I did:

I downloaded the SSG folder
Renamed it: steel (I have mine set as a separate folder within my root folder)
Opened the gauges.js (in the scripts folder) file in Text Wrangler
- Changed line 18 to 3 for WeatherCat
- Changed line 19 to '/'
- Changed line 21 to 10
- Changed line 43 to '/realtimegaugesWC.txt'
- Saved gauges.js
Uploaded entire "steel" folder to the root of my weather directory on my FTP site (for me that results in avon-weather.com/steel)

Locally, I copied realtimegaugesWC.txt to my WeatherCat Custom Web Folder.
Now normally, it would only get processed every five minutes, or whatever you have your site set to upload. So I needed to add an additional file to be processed.

Open WeatherCat Preferences --> Online --> Custom Web --> Additional Files
Click Add
- Click Set Path
- Find your WeatherCat Custom Web Templates folder, and point to realtimegaugesWC.txt
- Leave Enable checked, and uncheck FTP, set time for .10 minute (every six seconds)
- Click OK
This sets the template to be processed every six seconds and moved to the upload file. Now you have to upload it.

Click Add again
- Click Set Path
- Find your WeatherCat Custom Web folder, and point to realtimegaugesWC.txt
- Leave Enabled Checked, and leave FTP checked, set time for .17 minutes (every ten seconds)*
- Click OK

*I set mine to every 10 seconds, because I get errors from my provided if I upload more than ten times a minute

Now, you should have data flowing by going to www.yourpage.com/steel/gauges-ss-basic.html If not, we'll figure out the next step.
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2013, 09:09:29 PM »
Hi Steve,
thanks for your support - I will give it a try tomorrow!

Cheers,
Reinhard

By the way: what do you mean with Line 20 to 10? Line 20 wants to know the path to my "old" gauges page, but I have never had an old gauges page?
Reinhard

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2013, 09:35:10 PM »
"tis weird I obviously had done sometime wrong, so deleted it all in a fit of temper, then re-installed it all with my settings again, and it's working.....

Going to play around with settings and integrate it into my home page page this weekend........... I hope

Thanks to  Col, Ken, and Mark and Steve !  [cheers1]

JC

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 10:40:09 PM »

By the way: what do you mean with Line 20 to 10? Line 20 wants to know the path to my "old" gauges page, but I have never had an old gauges page?

What do you mean, what do I mean? ;) Clear as mud; I typed the wrong number...  [banghead] Line 21 (I'll edit the original)

Use whatever number you want in line 21 for your delay between updates. Just change the timing accordingly in the WeatherCat Additional Uploads entries, too. I chose short times for the two additional files so that the 10 second web page update would be new most cycles, with the occasional overlap. (I could do the math, but my head would hut, and it's not that important.)

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 11:00:54 PM »
Hi Steve
 Ok help a dummy out here I did what you said to do but can't get it all to work see the attached this is all I get please help if possible
thanks
 [cheers1]

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 11:06:10 PM »
No success here on my side: I always get the reminder that the SteelSeries requires WeatherCat V 1.14 or later. No that I am using the german language settings my WeatherCat shows V 1,14 ... the point/comma issue returns.  :'( Maybe there is a chance to tell the gauges.js that it should accept 1.14 and 1,14.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Bah! I hadn't realised that the version string was locale specific - normally it is set in the program itself.

To fix that problem, in gauges.js at line 941, change:

if (+data.version < 1.14) {
to
                    if (+extractDecimal(data.version) < 1.14) {

that *should* work
Mark

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 11:12:34 PM »
Nice work folks  [tup]

Reinhard, there'll be another release of 1.14 in the morning - I'll change BD$ to always output a full stop as the separator and add a BDL$ that will use the localised separator - that should solve the problem for you.

Steve, there's no need to add the file twice, just tick FTP on the first additional file, it'll be processed then FTP'd.

Cheers,
Stu.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2013, 06:47:21 AM »
Thanks Mark,
I will give it a try today evening!

And thanks Steve,
for continuing help!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2013, 01:57:16 PM »
can't get it all to work see the attached this is all I get please help if possible

Hi Randall

same problem I was getting. Got fed up and tried this:

Download the folder, (I did not rename it)
Open the file gauges.js (in the scripts folder using a text editor Text Wranger or page spinner etc.)

Line 18 (weather program) change to 3 (for weather cat)
Line 10 (ImgPathUrl) change to '/',
Line 21 (counter) changed from 60 to 10 ( optional it's just the update change period)
Line 43 should read '/RealTimegaugesWC.txt'

Save the file.

Uploaded using FTP the folders CSS Images and Scripts to the root on my web server, for me this is :

yoxford-weather.co.uk/Public-html/

In my weatherCat web templates folder for my web site in my Mac I put copies of the following files:

realtimegaugesWC.txt
gauges-ss-basic-htm

This worked for me, afterwards started looking at changing the update time like Steve did so mine updates every 30 secs now.

Hope this helps.

JC

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »
Going to have a play later on to remove the UV and solar radiation gauges as I don't have the sensors   [banghead]

I have noticed though and perhaps a Steel gauges guru can help here.

At regular intervals the gauges stop updating, the forecast ticker tape message reads that the page auto-update limit has been reached, and to click the status led. This starts the gauges again but the wind rose and miles run counter do not update so the wind run reads short for the day.

JC

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »
Stu, Mark, Steve, Col:
SUCCESS!  ;D
Is there a way to change the background (color to image) of the site?
Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2013, 07:48:30 PM »
Removed the un-used gauges no problem, want to ply about with gauge sizes next.

The page auto-update and wind rose not showing the current wind run may be a Firefox browser problem. loaded the gauges page in Chrome and the wind run total is the same as WeatherCat's gauge total for the day. [tup]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2013, 10:30:29 PM »
Hi Jace
 Thanks for trying to help did what you said but still I only get the buttoms no gauges
 [cheers1]