Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222219 times)

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #420 on: August 11, 2016, 07:45:46 PM »
Talking about editors (I know I use Windows), I have switched from Sublime Text to Microsoft Visual Studio Code. Don't be put off by the name, it is nothing to do with Visual Studio, it's free, open source, and multiplatform  - including Mac.

It is getting great community support and looks like it is going to be very popular. It is actively maintained and developed, and there are monthly update releases. The range of available plugins seems to grows daily.

Definitely worth a look. Like Sublime it is based on your browser engine, snd you do need to have Node.js installed to use it.
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #421 on: August 11, 2016, 08:37:10 PM »
Mark:

Here is a little tiny edit to make in your next release.

The comment line in the Singleton for the Cloud Base Gauge, around 2576 in gauges.js should be 100 ft rather than 50 ft:

// and round the value to the nearest 50 100 ft

The first comment line correctly states 50 ft, but the second comment line should be 100 ft.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #422 on: August 11, 2016, 08:47:12 PM »
Thanks, I'd already spotted that one 😉

I'm away on a family break this weekend, but I expect the next release next week. Not a lot in it, but nicer handling of pop-ups on small screens, the cloud base rounding option, minor tidying up and a HTML correction.
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #423 on: August 11, 2016, 08:49:47 PM »
Looking forward too the improvements and appreciate your work.

To keep me busy whilst you are away, can you tell me where to adjust the colour gradient for the cloud base gauge?

Enjoy your family holiday.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #424 on: August 11, 2016, 09:14:52 PM »
Try searching for "createCloudBaseSections" around line 3140 in my current edit.
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #425 on: August 11, 2016, 09:23:29 PM »
You chaps may be interested in another little PHP script for your web pages I knocked up last week - Sun Plot.
You can see it in use on my home page (not much sun today  :( ), and the download is here

It doesn't matter if you don't have a database that stores the sunshine data, you can use the plot just to show the Suns position as the day progresses and the relative day/night length and changes in Suns elevation. It's self contained, no other libraries etc. required.
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #426 on: August 11, 2016, 09:41:03 PM »
Found it. Thanks.

Cool little script. Thanks for sharing. I am going to give it a whirl.

Again, enjoy your family holiday.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #427 on: August 11, 2016, 11:08:26 PM »
Thanks! May include that (with appropriate attribution, of course!) on my site!

Have a great vacation!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #428 on: August 11, 2016, 11:19:39 PM »
Mark:

When you get back from your family holiday will you please look at my Cloud Base gauge? My preference default for that gauge is feet. When I change the preference box to metres, the gauge does not scale properly until I refresh the page after selecting metres. Reinhard's gauge does not do this, but his default is set to metres. I would appreciate you letting me know if you see this display when you look at my site and if so, is there something I can do about it?

Thanks.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #429 on: August 11, 2016, 11:36:06 PM »
Hi Blick
 I just went to your web site and change it to meters and it worked just find and then I switch it back and it went back to feet I did this several times and it work for me

cheers

[cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
What's so cool about Visual Studio Code? (Was: Steel Gauges)
« Reply #430 on: August 11, 2016, 11:43:39 PM »
Dear Mark and WeatherCat web spinners,

Talking about editors (I know I use Windows), I have switched from Sublime Text to Microsoft Visual Studio Code. Don't be put off by the name, it is nothing to do with Visual Studio, it's free, open source, and multiplatform  - including Mac.

It is getting great community support and looks like it is going to be very popular. It is actively maintained and developed, and there are monthly update releases. The range of available plugins seems to grows daily.

Definitely worth a look. Like Sublime it is based on your browser engine, snd you do need to have Node.js installed to use it.

Unfortunately these days I'm having trouble with another kind of "engine" so I won't jump to install this right away.  However, for the rest of the WeatherCatters here is the link:

https://code.visualstudio.com/

Any particular feature that really got your attention?

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #431 on: August 11, 2016, 11:52:18 PM »
I just went to your web site and change it to meters and it worked just find and then I switch it back and it went back to feet I did this several times and it work for me

Thanks for looking at it. For me, when I change to metres, the gauge remains the same scale as feet, which means that it shows 2500 metres higher than the maximum scale. The colour gradient stops at 5500 metres, but the scale keeps going to 8000. I have to then refresh the page to get it to scale properly for metres.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2016, 12:02:05 AM »
Hi Blick
 That sounds to me like your browser is stuck in cache mold or something, either that java script is not working right all I can it works great hear

maybe someone else can tell you what is going on

cheers

[cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #433 on: August 12, 2016, 06:44:48 AM »
Blicj,
I just took a look at your gauges and they are working fine - every change I make within the units the gauges take them at once.
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #434 on: August 12, 2016, 06:48:40 AM »
You chaps may be interested in another little PHP script for your web pages I knocked up last week - Sun Plot.
You can see it in use on my home page (not much sun today  :( ), and the download is here

It doesn't matter if you don't have a database that stores the sunshine data, you can use the plot just to show the Suns position as the day progresses and the relative day/night length and changes in Suns elevation. It's self contained, no other libraries etc. required.

Looks cool, Mark.
Now I know what to do during the weekend!  :D
Reinhard