Author Topic: Sharx Security sale (50% off)  (Read 1529 times)

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
Sharx Security sale (50% off)
« on: May 13, 2019, 02:35:27 PM »
In case the Sharx webcam faithful missed this morning's e-mail:

Contact us for an opportunity to purchase any in-stock products on SharxSecurity.com at 50% off from now until May 31st or while supplies last.

This incredible deal is valid for our existing end-user customers ONLY, and are not for resale.

All purchases come with our full 1-year warranty. 90 days free installation support is available if used with a Sharx NVR or one of the following software packages:

Milestone, Luxriot, BlueIris, SecuritySpy, Titanium, Netcam Studio, IPTimelapse, Aimetis, SiteHound.

A purchase of two or more cameras qualifies for FREE SHIPPING!

No returns or exchanges. Offer ends 5/31/2019.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Sharx Security sale (50% off)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 04:15:16 PM »
I got that the other day, too. Note that none of their current line of cameras are wifi any more. All require POE. Some no longer have IR emitters, either. They have moved more to the professional line of security cameras.

I think I'm gonna replace all of my cameras with four of the HTNC4430XIR and the required heavy duty mount. Pan, tilt, and 30X zoom! And with this sale, I'll save $2800!!!

(Okay, maybe I won't...)
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Sharx Security sale (50% off)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »
Hahaha Steve. You had me going there for a minute. I noticed the same thing when I got that email last week. I did some quick searching to discover that wireless webcams that work with the latest macOS are apparently a thing of the past. All the reviews I could find recommended Logitech Broadcaster, which hasn't been a current product for a few years now. Not sure what I am going to do when my current Sharx camera bites the dust. Neither POE nor USB are workable options for me. And Reinhard isn't likely to go into mass production with his awesome setup. Not sure where to go next.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Bleak indeed! (Re: Sharx Security sale (50% off))
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 10:16:57 PM »
Dear Felix, Steve, Blick, and WeatherCat users who want a working webcam,

. . . .
I did some quick searching to discover that wireless webcams that work with the latest macOS are apparently a thing of the past. All the reviews I could find recommended Logitech Broadcaster, which hasn't been a current product for a few years now. Not sure what I am going to do when my current Sharx camera bites the dust. Neither POE nor USB are workable options for me. And Reinhard isn't likely to go into mass production with his awesome setup. Not sure where to go next.

Alas, I am already in this predicament and while a simple USB webcam would serve my needs for the moment, I can't seem to make this work in my new Mac mini.  It is definitely a disappointment that products that would work well with WeatherCat are getting scarce.  On the other hand a weather webcam is definitely an usual application.  Since I don't have very much time, I'll go without a webcam for now.

Oh well, . . . . . . . Edouard