Author Topic: A new problem :)  (Read 2744 times)

geoffmurray

• Gentle Breeze
    • ITASMANI96
    • Geoff Murray Wilderness and Landscape Photography
  • Station Details: Davis vantage Pro 2,wireless remote anemometer, non Davis wireless logger to iMac 27" 3.4Ghz i7 16Gb RAM SSD HD
A new problem :)
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:22:09 AM »
My Gauges are mostly working beautifully, but every now and again they cease updating. What seems to happen is that one of the updating files, be it the graph jpegs or more importantly, the realtimegaugesWC.text file gets duplicated on the server but as a .in. file. So there will be the correct file realtimegaugesWC.text and another file called .in.realtimegaugesWC.text. The .in. file is zero kilobytes but while it is there, the realtimegaugeWC.text file can't update, even if the upload is done manually. As a result, the Gauges stop updating entirely. At other times, the graph jpegs get duplicated into a .in. file but this doesn't cause as much trouble, it just stops that particular graph from updating.

I should add that the simple web, WOW and Wunderground still update ok, so Weathercat is running and uploading but the Gauges aren't cooperating

Any suggestions most welcome.

Geoff

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: A new problem :) Steel Gauges
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:24:17 PM »
Geoff:

I can see that your uploads stop after a few minutes. What are your settings in WeatherCat Preferences | On-line | Custom Web for both the Main and Additional Files tabs? It looks like those settings might be the cause of your issue.

Also, your banner currently shows the barometric trend as Falling Slowly. However, that status is too long to fit in the space you have in the banner so it is overwriting the actual pressure reading itself. You may want to explore playing around with where to locate the data fields on your banner to allow the longer text fields sufficient space to properly display. By the time you wake up, it may look ok but it is wonking out when you are asleep.
Blick

geoffmurray

• Gentle Breeze
    • ITASMANI96
    • Geoff Murray Wilderness and Landscape Photography
  • Station Details: Davis vantage Pro 2,wireless remote anemometer, non Davis wireless logger to iMac 27" 3.4Ghz i7 16Gb RAM SSD HD
Re: A new problem :)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 12:34:20 AM »
Hi Blic,
The banner is fixed. That is the sort of thing that can only be seen as it crops up :-)

The uploads stopped last night because I restarted my iMac and forgot to restart Weathercat. But it runs and upload s fine for many hours then every now and again it decides to stop and the only way to get it going again is to go into the server files and delete the .in. files.
Geoff

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: A new problem :)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 03:04:35 PM »
The banner is fixed.

Yes, that's a better arrangement Geoff. Carry on.
Blick