Author Topic: Possible bug?  (Read 3996 times)

Gman19

• Gentle Breeze
    • KD4TJG
    • KNCKERNE9
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2+, WeatherLinkIP, WeatherCat running on iMac Pro (2017),3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W,64 GB RAM
Possible bug?
« on: September 08, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
New to weathercat, so still learning....

I have just set up a Davis Vantage Pro2+, and weathercat is currently running just fine on my iMac i7 and feeding Weatherunderground via Davis WeatherlinkIP.  Data is also being sent to WeatherLink.

One issue I'm having is setting up the custom alerts.  I have set up a high wind alert and entered the text and macros into the message box.  Once I hit "test" the text I typed in clears out, and in the next window, once the email is sent, it is blank.  The subject/title does have my alert name in it, but no conditions are reported.

I'm doing something slightly wrong, or is this a bug?  I'm running the latest version, just downloaded it yesterday.

Any help will be appreciated!

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
It is reproducible . . . (Re: Possible bug?)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:11:13 PM »
Dear Gman19 and WeatherCat fans,

I just tried your scenario and - sure enough - the text of the email does get wiped out when you press the test button.  I haven't changed my alerts in years, so I hadn't tried.

We'll just have to wait for Stu (Stuart Ball, Developer of WeatherCat) to take a look and let us know what's going on.

In the meantime, try copying the text of your email alert to the clipboard before testing.  After running your tests, you can paste the text right back so that if the alert is triggered by an actual weather event that text will indeed be emailed to you.

That's how I avoided losing my text when trying out your scenario!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Gman19

• Gentle Breeze
    • KD4TJG
    • KNCKERNE9
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2+, WeatherLinkIP, WeatherCat running on iMac Pro (2017),3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W,64 GB RAM
Re: Possible bug?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 08:36:11 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation Edouard,
I didn't see a forum thread for bugs...then again, I wasn't sure we had one.

It's about to storm here...my Vantage Pro2+'s first one...this should be fun!

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 08:50:05 AM »
Thanks chaps, I've added it to the list.  [tup]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »
Fixed in 1.1B866.

Thanks for the report.

Stu.

Gman19

• Gentle Breeze
    • KD4TJG
    • KNCKERNE9
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:34:56 PM »
On this same topic, I still have the issue at beginning post..

I'm running WeatherCat Version 1.02 Build 3 (1.0.2).

The text box still clears out when I try to proceed to next screen once I've entered my text/tags etc.

What am I missing.

I'm running OS X 10.7.5 Lion on an iMac

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 02:42:45 PM »
Hello Gman19,
maybe you should download the latest build of WeatherCat (at this time it is V1,10 Build 1570 (1.1.0)). You can find it here in this thread:
http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=503.msg4393#msg4393
To speak with Stu's words:
Note that this is just the application - if you don't have WeatherCat installed, first install the current distribution then replace the application with this one.
Hope this helps, Cheers!
Reinhard
Reinhard

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 04:18:02 PM »
Hello Gman19,
This bug is fixed in the next release (version 1.1) - this should be out shortly. As Reinhard points out, you can download a development build of 1.1 to try if you wish.

Gman19

• Gentle Breeze
    • KD4TJG
    • KNCKERNE9
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 09:18:25 PM »
Replacing the Application got it  [rockon]!!

Thanks all for your kind responses and effective info.

[cheers1]