General Category > New Member Introductions

Hello from near Orinda

(1/3) > >>

zazzy:
Hello! And yes, we also live in the east bay somewhat close to Orinda. I recently installed a Davis Vantage Pro2. Sooner or later, I'll add a webcam. I've been using Apple computers since 1981 and Macs shortly after that.
I'm still using a 17" MacBook Pro running an i7 chip. Every now and then, I reboot it into Windows 7 and even though it's about 8 years old, it still runs smoother than a couple of a new windows laptops I have to use at work. LOL. WeatherCat is running on a iMac temporarily.

I haven't set up WeatherCat completely yet, since I just bought it this morning. Here's a link to the standard web setup. Not much data yet.

Here's a couple photos from a recent road trip to the Colorado area:

Zaz

elagache:
Dear zazzy and WeatherCat welcome wagon!

--- Quote from: zazzy on September 14, 2018, 04:52:42 AM ---Hello! And yes, we also live in the east bay somewhat close to Orinda.
--- End quote ---

By all means!  Let me be the first to welcome you the WeatherCat forum!

I'm in Southern Orinda not too far from Miramonte High School.

--- Quote from: zazzy on September 14, 2018, 04:52:42 AM ---I recently installed a Davis Vantage Pro2.
--- End quote ---

An excellent choice!  [tup]  Of course it was also - my choice!  [biggrin]

--- Quote from: zazzy on September 14, 2018, 04:52:42 AM ---I've been using Apple computers since 1981 and Macs shortly after that.
--- End quote ---

You've got me beat on that one.  I bought my first Mac in 1988.

--- Quote from: zazzy on September 14, 2018, 04:52:42 AM ---I haven't set up WeatherCat completely yet, since I just bought it this morning. Here's a link to the standard web setup. Not much data yet.
--- End quote ---

Interesting at the moment you are significantly warmer than I am.

--- Quote from: zazzy on September 14, 2018, 04:52:42 AM ---Here's a couple photos from a recent road trip to the Colorado area:
--- End quote ---

I'm envious! . . . . I'm also trying to get into some sort of a travel trailer setup, but I'm going about it da' hard way!  You see my tow vehicle is our family heirloom 1965 Buick Special wagon:

In order to do this of course the car needed a mechanical restoration and repainting.  To make sure to have sufficient power to tow with I "super-sized" the engine:

Of course a 53 year old car should be towing a suitably "mature" vintage travel trailer as well.  This part of the project has yet to be undertaken.

Thanks for sharing and by all once more welcome to the WeatherCat forum!  :)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

zazzy:
Thanks.

I read your post about the goat. Beautiful and fun! Did you put the engine on a dyno? I used to be a little more involved in the racing scene - not much anymore. But I still enjoy cars, boats, racing and wrenching.

Regarding trailers, have you looked at any of the Airstream Bambi's? They're beautiful, but expensive.

Although we have a house in unincorporated WC, we live out in Oakley, somewhat near the water. We get a delta breeze and the temps are much cooler than Brentwood and other areas in Oakley. Over the last few years, we've noticed that WC is always about 2 degrees warmer than here. Unlike the Lamorinda area, it stays warm at night during the summer. 

Thanks again for the welcome.

xairbusdriver:
Welcome zazzy! I think you will find this one of the friendliest forums on the World Wide Web! I'm a bit concerned about part of your post:
--- Quote ---I haven't set up WeatherCat completely yet, since I just bought it this morning
--- End quote ---
I assume that means you've had the app for at least a couple of hours, so... What's the problem!!
 :P [lol2]
"Please don't feed the animals!" Especially those that have '65 Buick wagons!!! [rolleyes2] [lol]

Blicj11:
Welcome to WeatherCat zazzy. 

I took a peak at your website. It's good to have that work right out of the box. Many of us have desired something more than the simple website, so there is lots of help available on the WeatherCat forums for using a template, and some of us have even built something custom from the ground up.

Whatever you decide to do with a site, we are glad to have another WeatherCatter in the Orinda area. Also, love that fifth wheel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version