Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137663 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2016, 10:20:19 PM »
Nice work, Reinhard. I just had a look at your banana template.

Also, many thanks to you Jachym for including support for WeatherCat in your template.
Blick

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
300 users + new page
« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2016, 12:47:18 PM »
Hi guys,

it is almost unbelievable, but there are already 300 of you Meteotemplate users. Exactly 501 days ago when I first released it I expected there would be maybe 5-10 people interested and that after a few weeks everyone, including me, will forget about it. Well, things evolved differently, I am really glad that most of you seem to enjoy this and I do too. Just a few numbers?

There are:
- 300 users
- from 39 countries
- currently 22 languages
- 501 days since first release

And to ?celebrate? the new milestone I created a new page, nothing really special, but just a different visualization of where you are 😀

http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/userGlobe/Apps/userGlobe.php

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »
Would be a nice PlugIn page in, hmmh, lets say: Menu > Info > Users.

[tup]
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »
There is a plugin for users already :-) And you can even automatically update it directly from the menu.

See Plugins->User Map

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2016, 03:51:16 PM »
I know.

but this is far not so cool as what you presented us above.  [biggrin]
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2016, 03:53:40 PM »
That script is very complicated and large, over 20MBs.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2016, 03:46:51 AM »
Hello, Jachym, and thank you for bringing us really nice looking template.

Today I downloaded the latest template file and WeatherCat plugin. I've re-read this thread, and I've read through the wiki, and I think I've got most things set properly for at least the basics. I did run into a couple things I didn't know how to do, though.

I've never done anything with a database, and didn't know what a host path was. A quick chat with my hosting company suggested using "localhost" which solved that problem.

The Climate ID doesn't work for me. I click on the linked page, zoom in on northern Ohio, USA, and click on the Cleveland airport. But when I click "select" it shows an error, and takes me to Australia. :)

My hosting company provides a CRON tool, but I have no idea what CRON is or what it does. I set it to once per minute, but I don't have any idea what to put in "Command:" It sounds like it it looking for some UNIX command? I don't simply put the URL of the WeatherCat .php there, do I?

My temporary page is at http://www.avon-weather.com/template/index.php but doesn't show anything but errors since there's no data yet.

Thanks for any suggestion you (or anyone else) may have.
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2016, 09:23:48 AM »
Hello Steve,

I am not really a help for you but something regarding to the CRON: My webhosting package does not support CRON jobs so I did it via https://cron-job.org/en/ - and as far I recall this was very easy to setup. Just a suggestion.

Maybe we have to wait for Jachym to chime in.
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2016, 10:30:46 AM »
Hi,
Im not a server expert, sorry, I dont know what command you should use, so using cron-job.org should work too.
I see the problem with the climate page. I will fix that.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2016, 10:33:02 AM »
OK climate fixed

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »
By the way, a nice idea to have special icons on special days...  :)

8)
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2016, 11:05:21 AM »
I discovered a (very small) cosmetic inconsistency within the plugin 'history' (http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/history/history.php). As far as I noticed this plugin increases the text size of the 'footer.php'.
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2016, 11:08:07 AM »
Thanks, I havent looked at that plugin for ages. Long time ago, the page was using some outdated code, about a yr ago, i.e. 3 months after release, I completely re-wrote the CSS and migrated the site to use HTML5 and I obviously forgot about ths one. I will update it later today, its not difficult to fix.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2016, 11:45:44 AM »
Just noticed the bug fixes package -  [rockon]
Reinhard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »
The CRON "command" can be almost anything thing the computer/server can do. Perhaps if you can describe what you need/want to be done, we can describe a "command". I'm barely above the noob stage as CRON knowledge goes, but it's really just typing a few words, it's not 'rocket science'. [computer] [lol]

I needed a command to download a few METAR reports from a NOAA site. All I did was write a small PHP file (get_curl_METAR.php) that does that. I used a CRON 'job' on my hosting service that simply runs that PHP 'program'. You've already 'played' with that part of the process. ThU32:-)

In my case the 'command' is:
Code: [Select]
php /path/php file/my web space/get_curl_METAR.php >/dev/null 2>&1I ended up using the suggested ">/dev/null 2>&1" which totally blocks any error reports as well any most other output to any email address you have registered with your hosting company. You should probably leave that bit of text off until you're sure your job works correctly. It looks like your host uses the same cPanel as mine and that?s really all you need to set things up.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system