Author Topic: We cam: Simple steps for the newbie... again  (Read 11900 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: We cam: Simple steps for the newbie... again
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 10:40:22 PM »
My problem is that I'm not sending any kind of video, streamed, Flash, or stereo. This bit of text above my WU Web Cam image explains it better than I can:"Updated: 9:28 PM GMT on July 13, 2015 (7 minutes ago)". There ain't no "stream", nor even a faucet!! [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 11:10:19 PM »
I avoid WYSIWYG editors for the exact reason that they make it difficult to see the raw code. ;) Generally, you can help see what they generate by breaking things between every pair "><". Then, indenting is important to help see the blocks of code. Naturally, if the editor color codes things, that's also very helpful.

The major changes I see in your new WU code and the old one that I had copied is in the last, extremely verbose "<pram...> line.
Changes I see:
  • ...wunderground.com/webcamramdisk/e/l/elagache/1/current.jpg... becomes
    ...wunderground.com/webcamarchive/e/l/elagache/1/2015/07/1435788343-20150701150543PDT.jpg

• ...wunderground.com/webcamcurrent/e/l/elagache/1/current.mp4?e%3D1436820647... becomes
    ...wunderground.com/webcamarchive/e/l/elagache/1/2015/07/2015071.mp4?e%3D1436794115
In other words, they've changed the path to the images! [banghead] webcamramdisk is gone, replaced by webcamarchive. That same newly named folder also replaces webcamcurrent!

Apparently, they don't bother telling anyone about these changes! They just wait for Blick to post here! Bet the Trixology Forum Admins didn't know their baby was so important! [cheer] [bounce] [rolleyes2]

I am now unable to get to the page that offers the embed or direct link code snippets. Possibly, WU has added some intelligence to verify that there is actually a stream/video that could even use that link/code. It may be nothing more than the change in the path mentioned above. That new directory may be added when one "Adds a Web Cam". I may go back and delete/edit/add my 'web cam' again. I don't have enough to keep me busy... except the 100+ heat index! [sweat2]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
With friends like this . . . (Re: We cam:)
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 10:09:18 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat code tinkerers, . . .

I avoid WYSIWYG editors for the exact reason that they make it difficult to see the raw code. ;)

Seamonkey has a HTML editing mode just like the original Mozilla editor.  However, if indeed you want to be careful, TextWranger will give all the code and only the code.

The major changes I see in your new WU code and the old one that I had copied is in the last, extremely verbose "<pram...> line.
. . . .

I don't know what you are complaining about . . . . I get back to my website today and it looks . . . . . . great!?!??  [goofy]

With lousy software like this, . . . . we don't need any evil hackers!!  . . .

*Sigh*, . . . Edouard

P.S. Flash cannot die fast enough for me!  [banghead]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 12:34:22 AM »
I thought Flash was/is a security problem! [rolleyes2]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: With friends like this . . . (Re: We cam:)
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 04:29:02 AM »
However, if indeed you want to be careful, TextWranger will give all the code and only the code.

For this reason, I use TextWrangler. Also, I use it because I am cheap and it is free.
Blick