Author Topic: Time on console (Davis VP1 wired)  (Read 1344 times)

faymondo

• Gentle Breeze
Time on console (Davis VP1 wired)
« on: September 07, 2018, 01:38:49 PM »
Had to unplug my David Vantage Pro 1 wired console this morning.

All back up and running now but any idea how I can get the time on the console to pick up from my connected computer and weathercat 2 software ?

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Time on console (Davis VP1 wired)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 03:18:03 PM »
how I can get the time on the console to pick up from my connected computer and weathercat 2 software
I'm probably confused, [rolleyes2] but...

1. Are you saying that the Console has reverted to all default settings? Have you replaced the three batteries lately? They should last for a couple of days even after being disconnected from AC power.
2. Are you talking about setting the time in the Console? That's on page 12 of my Console manual.

I'm under the impression that the only thing the computer does is take the info on the data logger. I don't think the Console receives any data from the computer or WC. The Console receives data from the Station and displays it and sends it to whatever is connected to its output (including another Console).

If I have misunderstood your question (my wife says that is one of faults!), hopefully a real expert will be around shortly to help. ThU32:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 04:42:41 PM »
faymondo:

In WeatherCat, select Tools | Station Hardware Options. Check the box titled Synchronize station clock. This will synchronize the time on your console to your computer daily at quarter past midnight.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »
Oops! I read the wrong Manual! First mistake of the hour! [blush]

Thanks, Blicj!

So, WC actually can control (some of) the Console! ThU32:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
See page 70 in manual (Re: Time on console - Davis VP1 wired)
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 07:16:06 PM »
Dear faymondo, X-Air, Blick, and WeatherCat fans,

In WeatherCat, select Tools | Station Hardware Options. Check the box titled Synchronize station clock. This will synchronize the time on your console to your computer daily at quarter past midnight.

Blick's advice is 100% correct!  :)  I double-checked the WeatherCat manual just to be sure that it would also set the clock on Vantage Pro-1 models.  There is no distinction made in the manual.  You can look it up for yourself starting on page 70 of the current manual.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

faymondo

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 09:44:09 AM »
Thanks I knew it was somewhere.

it was ticked but the console didnt seem to be picking it up as when I switched everything back on yesterday the clock on the console was the time when I disconnected.

I manually set the time and it is a few seconds out so it doesn't matter really.

Just knew I had clicked something on Weathercat in the past. Tried taking the tick out and back in again but no joy.

As I said doesn't really matter and thanks for the replies.