Author Topic: sensor errors  (Read 1084 times)

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
sensor errors
« on: March 05, 2016, 08:50:23 AM »
hi Weatheecat Friends

sometimes weathercat informs me of sensor errors but how do you know what is involved sensor ?

if i look the consol all seem to be ok

thanks

jean frederic

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
Re: sensor errors
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 09:16:10 AM »
hi

live data  [interesting]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 04:46:18 PM »
The problems is with your external temperature sensor. Here is what is states on page 38 of the WeatherCat Manual:

If there are a lot of sensor errors then the problem lies between the weather station and its sensors ? if wireless try repositioning the station, if wired, check the connections. In all cases it?s worth checking any batteries. (Note, for Davis Vantage owners, WeatherCat can warn you when batteries and or power supplies are out of specification ? see ?Hardware Options? from the ?Tools? menu.)
Blick

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 05:45:51 PM »
thanks Blicj11

for the battery all is ok, i think i've certainly a problem with the antenna of my very old ISS i can't arrive to move the antenna
the distance between ISS and Weatherenvoy with datalogger is just 15meters

cheers
jean frederic