General Category > General Discussion

Caravaning Across America

(1/9) > >>

Steve:
Stu, we are joining you in traveling by caravan! Last week we ordered one of these:

However, ours will only be for occasional use during our travels. We will still use motels for most of our nights. This is just for those times when we are deep in a national forest of national park and don't want to drive a couple hours back to a motel. Or for mild off-road outings with groups. It is only 5X8 feet, and just 44" inside height. It is low enough that we can put our kayaks on top, or use it as a utility trailer or moving van. I consider it a multi-use trailer. Deb just rolls her eyes...

And then, against 38,000:1 odds, a week later I won a free roof top tent for my 4Runner!

I think that's where I'll send Deb if she starts snoring in the trailer.  [bed] The trailer will be several months lead time, but I should receive the tent in the next couple of weeks. I look forward to trying both of them out on our travels!

xairbusdriver:
With my 74 yo back aching from some heavy lifting I shouldn't have done yesterday, I'll just say good camping and congratulations! [rolleyes2] cmu:-) Also hoping your wife doesn't read these forums... if she does, you may also need to carry a 'dog house'!

Steve:
The RTT comes with a 3" memory foam mattress, and the trailer fits a queen size. Most folks put a 4-6" queen memory foam in them, and say they are as comfortable as at home.

elagache:
Dear Steve, X-Air, and WeatherCat caravan fans,

--- Quote from: Steve on June 04, 2017, 03:28:17 PM ---Stu, we are joining you in traveling by caravan! Last week we ordered one of these:
--- End quote ---

Congratulations!  I have always had a soft spot for teardrop styled trailers.  My first introduction to vintage trailers was at a teardrop trailer rally.  For many years I subscribed to this newsletter:

http://www.teardrops.net/

What brand and model is your tiny trailer?

--- Quote from: Steve on June 04, 2017, 03:28:17 PM ---However, ours will only be for occasional use during our travels. We will still use motels for most of our nights.
--- End quote ---

These are very small trailers!  I don't think camping in these things is easy to take for very long.  Does it have an external galley?

--- Quote from: Steve on June 04, 2017, 03:28:17 PM ---And then, against 38,000:1 odds, a week later I won a free roof top tent for my 4Runner!
--- End quote ---

Congratulations2!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver:
I'm not sure, but I think it's made by either All-Clad or Cuisinart. I think you also need one of these...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version