Author Topic: Weird thing with my camera ip addresses  (Read 5480 times)

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
Re: Weird thing with my camera ip addresses
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 06:22:47 PM »
I tried evocam and it doesn't work with my setup.,  I will try the IP scanner and see what gives.   

Everything worked with the PC .  I suppose I could add bootcamp but that I only have 8 ram and with this computer I don't want to tie up resources. I scoured everything Foscam and it seems that it leads no where.

Oh.. I ordered a D-link camera just to see if it would work.   I have 8 Foscams and I have one that is flashing the bottom gray , I think it is going bye bye.

Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 06:53:07 PM »
dfw_pilot, you must not have attended "Captain Trianing" yet. One of the first lessons is to always include an option to deny all responsibility. After all, what other reason to have another crew member?! [rolleyes2] They are certainly not needed to do any actual flying... Unless you need a nap and 'George' is inop! [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »
Yes, I have.  I need to go to rule 3.  Read instruction manual.

Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
Rules
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 08:05:15 PM »
Aardvark, that is a mistake on your part. xAir is right, there are only two rules:

1) The captain is always right.

2) If the captain is wrong, see rule one.

:)
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 12:09:52 AM »
progress has been made:   

The item pasted into the file to url: http://192.168.0.11:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=SnowCam&pwd=aardvark1

I didn't find anywhere in the manual what to put there.   

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 01:34:27 AM »
So Comcast is still tracking data usage in your area, X-Air? When I access the usage meter inside my account (http://customer.xfinity.com/MyServices/Internet/), I get the following:

Note: Enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended.

And for Weatheraardvark, I'm not familiar with IP Scanner but I use the free LanScan from Apple's App Store. It readily finds my Sharx cameras (listed as: Shenzhen Ogemray Technology Co., Ltd) and provides the IP and MAC addresses. Drop-dead easy from that point to set up WeatherCat. In fact, I think there's a Wiki on the process.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 01:39:20 AM »
OK! Now, let's see if you can get those images to auto-update!

I'm a bit confused, however.
The item pasted into the file to url ... I didn't find anywhere in the manual what to put there.
Too many impersonal pronouns. 'item', 'the file', 'manual' (there are at least two possible), 'what to put where'. [lol] In other words, what item did you put and where? "Just the facts, ma'am!" ;)

The image has obviously been 'treated' by WC. So I am assuming the (local)url you show is what you put in the WC Prefs->Webcam->Web-cam Enabled->File From URL. Progress, indeed! [cheer] Looks like it's about time to mower the grass? Maybe you can wait until that Denver snow passes the Missouri?

@Felix, Yep, LanScan is also good. CC is still tracking us, but they allow 300GB before charging another 10 bucks for the next 50. With five adults all connected and my wife nealy addicted to Netflix, it doesn't take long to exceed the 300/mon amount. I suspect the cat and dog are also on-line quite a bit, also... [banghead] [lol]

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 03:42:46 AM »
I have a fast connection. 40 Mbps down and 5 up.  I average 37.45 down and 5.40 up. I am not complaining.     One work around on bandwidth is to send less frequently. With the exception of sending stuff to WU,  using rapidfire, most data sites are thrilled every 15 minutes.   I suspect that if a person is exceeding the 250GB cap limit, either put in a dedicated line for the weather stuff and another line for the everything else.  Cut back on streaming and all that jazz.

I am not certain on how to determine if I am at the 250GB limit or close. I am going to contact Century Link.   I am going with 15 min update and be thrilled.

As far as the Webcam,  I plan to use the night cutoff for that.   I do wish I could change the white type on the overlay, but maybe a suggestion is in the works.

The images are on auto update,   I have the camera sampling every minute or so and the update with the data when WC sends it to my site.

Snow, nope  Rain. Supposed to start here about 1pm tomorrow and end on Thursday. maybe an inch. I am betting for Des Moines, it goes around as usual.  If not I guess I better put in an order for Gopher wood for my ark.  This time I am swatting those 2 mosquitos and flies.  they gotta go.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 05:38:24 AM »
BTW, looks like I moved Des Moines a few hundered miles west in my comment about the Missouri River! I was thinking of Omaha!!! In fact, I think Des Moines is actually closer to the Mighty Muddy!! [blush] [banghead]