Author Topic: Help with Steel Template  (Read 6780 times)

steviegal

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2, OSX 10.9 Mavericks
Help with Steel Template
« on: January 23, 2014, 01:23:09 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am trying to set up Steel template and initially test locally but having no luck.
WeatherCat log is showing "CustomWeb: ***Error*** Couldn't write temporary custom web file. File was: /Users/......./Library/Application Support/WeatherCatCustomWeb//scripts/windrose.js" to all files.
If I change Source Path to the atkins template all works OK.

Thanks

Steve

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Help with Steel Template
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »
Hi Steve
 Look at the path to your file you have  // between the WeatherCatCustomWeb and Scripts try removing one of them and see what happens

/Users/......./Library/Application Support/WeatherCatCustomWeb//scripts/windrose.js
should be
/Users/......./Library/Application Support/WeatherCatCustomWeb/scripts/windrose.js

hope this helps

cheers

[cheers1]

steviegal

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 08:42:48 PM »
Can't seem to remove the additional "/" it is nothing I have done intentionally.
I have noticed that if I clear the contents of WeatherCatCustomWeb folder and then test Custom pages locally I get all the files from the Simple Web template in there, is this correct?

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:45:38 AM »
Steve:

Some suggestions:

• Look at what you have entered in WeatherCat | Preferences | On-Line | Custom Web | Set HTML Source and see if you have entered a double slash in the path name, as indicated by the error message you are getting.
  • In my Source Path folder I only have one file for Steel Gauges - the realtimegaugesWC.txt file. What's in yours?
  • In your Save Path folder is where you need to copy the jpg files for all of the WeatherCat gauges and dials. i.e. all_dials.jpg, all_ dialsc.jpg, barometer.jpg, cloudbase.jpg,  etc. Have you already done this?
Blick

steviegal

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
When I set HTML Source, should I be able to set to an individual file?
I can only set to the gauges folder as the files inside are greyed out, is this correct?

Thanks

Steve

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »
When I set HTML Source, should I be able to set to an individual file?

No, the Source Path is just a pointer to the folder where you keep your source file(s). I was simply telling you that I only have one file in my source folder that relates to Steel Gauges. However, I actually have two files there. I also have an html file with the tags that call out each graph.

The way WeatherCat works is that it generates every image it might need and puts those images in the local WeatherCat Custom Web folder. But it only uploads via FTP those images that are called out on a template in the WeatherCat Custom Web Templates folder. (I learned this from another very helpful WeatherCatter named Steve).

Hope this helps.
Blick

steviegal

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 09:04:27 PM »
Look at the path to your file you have  // between the WeatherCatCustomWeb and Scripts try removing one of them and see what happens

/Users/......./Library/Application Support/WeatherCatCustomWeb//scripts/windrose.js
should be
/Users/......./Library/Application Support/WeatherCatCustomWeb/scripts/windrose.js

If the double slash is the reason for my problem can someone let me know how to remove it as I am at a loss as to how I do it.
The only time I see the slash is in the Error message.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:30:02 PM »
If the double slash is the reason for my problem can someone let me know how to remove it as I am at a loss as to how I do it.
The only time I see the slash is in the Error message.

As I stated in my post yesterday: Look at what you have entered in WeatherCat | Preferences | On-Line | Custom Web | Set HTML Source and see if you have entered a double slash in the path name, as indicated by the error message you are getting.

This means you go to WeatherCat, then click on Preferences, then click the On-Line tab, then click on Custom Web and tell us exactly what you have entered in the Set HTML Source field. My guess is that you entered a double slash there when you meant to enter a single slash.
Blick

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »
If you have any folders in the source directory, remove them - the only things that should be in the source directory are files. If you have a directory in there it's probably the source of the error (it can't create directories in the destination folder because the FTP upload will not create directories on the server).

steviegal

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 08:35:59 PM »
Thanks to all who have offered advice, pleased to say all up and running OK at last.
Thanks for your patience.

Steve

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 09:01:48 PM »
Congrats! Can you give us the link to your site? Some of us would love to take a peek.
Blick

steviegal

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 01:43:45 PM »
OK, now having trouble with no graph data displayed after pointing imgPathUrl in gauges.js to the Steel folder.
I read in another post that you have to create an html file to call out the graph data, how is this done please?

I am afraid my web page is nothing special it is just an additional page to our community website to give residents and visitors to our village a look at our local weather.
The website can be found here www.melburyosmond.co.uk

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »
I read in another post that you have to create an html file to call out the graph data, how is this done please?

That is correct. I will pm you a copy of my file. See your email for a message from me.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 06:04:39 PM »
Steve:

Just took a look at your website again. Congratulations on getting your Steel Series Gauges working. It's a very nice template isn't it? I have one suggestion you might want to consider. It appears to me that your weather station does not have the sensors for UV or solar radiation. If that is the case, you might want to not show those two gauges.

In your gauges.js file, you have two lines that currently read:

showUvGauge       : true,                   //Display the UV Index gauge
showSolarGauge    : true,                   //Display the Solar gauge

If you don't have those sensors, change these lines to read:

showUvGauge       : false,                   //Display the UV Index gauge
showSolarGauge    : false,                   //Display the Solar gauge

If you do this, you should also delete the two tags for these gauges in the call out file.

Cheers!
Blick