Author Topic: So im a little green in this area.......  (Read 2900 times)

Brandon weather

• Gentle Breeze
  • Just a regular guy with an interest in the weather
    • DW7935
    • IEngland263
    • Brandon Weather
  • Station Details: Vantage vue, Foscam 1825w webcam, Mac mini, Weathercat running on El Capitan
So im a little green in this area.......
« on: October 06, 2015, 07:41:48 PM »
But does anyone have an idiots guide to installing and using the wonderful templates I can see here. I have a web page and currently use the "simple" web page but want a challenge over the dark winter months

Any ideas guys?

awilltx

Re: So im a little green in this area.......
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:54:53 PM »
The Leuven and Saratoga templates both have nice wiki and detailed instructions on installing in general and using with WeatherCat in particular. Both can be found as pinned entries at the top of this forum.

Hopes that helps to get you started!

Alan

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
  • It is far better to wear out than to rust away.
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:44:23 PM »
The Leuven and Saratoga templates are fairly easy to install, as long as you follow the instructions carefully, and don't rush. I've used them both, and they both work well.

I'm currently learning HTML5 and CSS3 and designing my own template. It's frustrating, but very rewarding when a page is completed.

ALAN.

Brandon weather

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW7935
    • IEngland263
    • Brandon Weather
  • Station Details: Vantage vue, Foscam 1825w webcam, Mac mini, Weathercat running on El Capitan
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 09:30:47 PM »
Thank you very much, I shall go away and view the wikis. No doubt I will be back with a few questions !

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »
Brandon
 Might want to take a look a SeaMonkey for developing your on web site templates

cheers

[cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Give SeaMonkey templates a quick read. (Re: Green in this area.......)
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 10:19:43 PM »
Dear Brandon, Alan, Randall, and WeatherCat web spinners,

But does anyone have an idiots guide to installing and using the wonderful templates I can see here.

I'm not sure how good the Wiki documentation is for the more complex templates, but if you want a very basic introduction as to how WeatherCat processes templates, you might want to download this very simple set of templates and read the documentation that is associated with it:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=956.0

WeatherCat uses a sort of workflow that depends on templates being in one folder and the results being placed in another folder.  Once you understand that process it isn't too bad to install any templates, but until you do, it can be very confusing.

Best of luck in getting your weather information on the web!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Brandon weather

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW7935
    • IEngland263
    • Brandon Weather
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:14:26 AM »
Thank you Edouard, very, very useful !
 [woohoo]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Glad it helped! (Re: So im a little green in this area.......)
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 12:06:17 AM »
Dear Brandon weather and WeatherCat web spinners, . . .

Thank you Edouard, very, very useful !

Glad you found it helpful.  Once you understand how WeatherCat processes templates, you should be able to install any template you choose.  It is simply a matter of following the instructions and getting help on any snags you encounter.  For those snags this forum is the place to go!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]