Author Topic: WH1080 Rain Data Issue  (Read 2610 times)

lmd293

• Calm
    • INEWSOUT199
  • Station Details: WH1080
WH1080 Rain Data Issue
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:20:37 PM »
Hi, I've been using weathercat for almost a month and I'm finding it far superior to the software I had used previously, weather snoop.  The only issue I have is that I don't seem to be getting the option in custom graphs to select week, month or total rain.  This data is definitely recorded on the weather station console but I only get the series Rain/Day and Precipitation per hour. 

Is anyone able to help me solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Lisa

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Only have monthly and annual. (Re: WH1080 Rain Data Issue)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:08:22 PM »
Hi Lisa and WeatherCat fans,

First things first, welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

Hi, I've been using weathercat for almost a month and I'm finding it far superior to the software I had used previously, weather snoop.  The only issue I have is that I don't seem to be getting the option in custom graphs to select week, month or total rain.  This data is definitely recorded on the weather station console but I only get the series Rain/Day and Precipitation per hour. 

WeatherCat doesn't provide a graph of weekly rainfall or total rainfall (I'm not sure what you mean by total rainfall - all the rain that has fallen on the station since first put into operation?)  However, it does have monthly rainfall and annual rainfall.  They are completely at the end of the list of possible data series just before the evapotranspiration data (at least when WeatherCat is connected to a Davis Vantage Pro-2.)  Here is the pop-up menu on my setup:

Do you not see this?

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

lmd293

• Calm
    • INEWSOUT199
  • Station Details: WH1080
Re: WH1080 Rain Data Issue
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:27:02 AM »
Hi Edouard,

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I have a much shorter list than you have displayed here.  Mine ends at Cloud Base.  I don't understand this.  The soil and leaf stuff I wouldn't have because my station doesn't measure this type of data but monthly rain and annual rain are recorded on the station console so surely I should be able to select them in the graph series drop down menu?

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: WH1080 Rain Data Issue
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 05:34:40 PM »
Hi Lisa,
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately your station doesn't make available weekly, monthly or annual rain to the computer, so we can't record it whereas Vantages and Vue's do make it available (along with other stuff) so for those stations we do record it, which means it's then available for plotting on graphs etc.