Author Topic: Importing data From Weather Display  (Read 8573 times)

Hugh Whalen

• Gentle Breeze
    • INBFLOWE2
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 with UV and Solar sensors. 2017 27" iMac, 3.5 GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
Re: Importing data From Weather Display
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 12:26:31 AM »
Just sent 85 months of converted data to John. First beta, so chances of it all working are slim but here's hoping.

Will keep everyone updated on the results.

Anyone else interested in being a beta tester please email me at hwhalen@unb.ca

Hugh

montever

• Calm
    • DW3169
    • KCAOAKLA11
  • Station Details: VantagePro2, MacBook Air.
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 05:52:50 PM »
Hugh's script was successful in bringing 7 1/2 years of WD weather observations/data into WeatherCat for me.  Thanks so much Hugh. [bounce]

montever

• Calm
    • DW3169
    • KCAOAKLA11
  • Station Details: VantagePro2, MacBook Air.
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 05:55:03 PM »
I've chosen some past dates at random, and the data appear to be there and display properly on WeatherCAT controller.  This is good enough for me at this point, even if some of the data is not there.   This goes back to December 2010.   Thanks again to Hugh. 

Hugh Whalen

• Gentle Breeze
    • INBFLOWE2
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 with UV and Solar sensors. 2017 27" iMac, 3.5 GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 07:43:28 PM »
For those of you who want your data transferred. You should email me at hwhalen @ unb.ca I will then send you

1. A list of Weather Display files that I need.
2. A list of other information I need such as the format your data is stored in (celsius or fahrenheit, mph or kph, etc)
3. Information on how to upload that data to my Dropbox
4. Information on how to retrieve that information from Dropbox.
5. How to add the data to WeatherCat.

I thought about just sending people the program I developed but I decided against that because there are often errors in the original Weather Display files that can cause the program to crash. They are very rare. I had three errors in almost 10 years of data. John had only one. However, it is almost impossible for me to troubleshoot someone else using the program but usually quite easy for me to do.

It only takes 20 minutes to convert about 10 years of data. But turnaround time may be a couple of days because I will do it when the mood strikes me. 8)

Hugh

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 10:29:16 PM »
Mr. Whalen, might I suggest that you edit your post with your email addy? Just put a space on either side of the "@" is probably enough to keep the bots from harvesting it. Most people know to remove the spaces when creating a message.

Although I don't have WD data, I want to think you for your work at making the conversion easy for others! [cheer]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Hugh Whalen

• Gentle Breeze
    • INBFLOWE2
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2017, 10:38:48 PM »
Mr. Whalen, might I suggest that you edit your post with your email addy? Just put a space on either side of the "@" is probably enough to keep the bots from harvesting it. Most people know to remove the spaces when creating a message.

Although I don't have WD data, I want to think you for your work at making the conversion easy for others! [cheer]

Thank you for this comment. I knew this but I was careless and forgot to fix the email address.
 [cheers1]

Posting in a hurry is never a good idea. :(

Hugh

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2017, 11:49:38 PM »
Eye uzed too mayk mizteakz befour eye re-tyred. Nou i half mor tyme two konsentrate! [banghead] cmu:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Dave13

• Gentle Breeze
    • CW7890
    • KTNPARSO2
    • ParsonsWeather.com
  • Station Details: Davis VP2
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2017, 08:16:39 PM »
Hugh converted 10 years of WD weather data so I could use it in WeatherCat. Thank you Hugh!!

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
  • It is far better to wear out than to rust away.
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2017, 07:39:17 AM »
Hugh managed to convert seven years of unreliable Weather Display data for me. I now have a complete run of data from 2009 until today, except for a period in July 2015 when I switched from WD to WC. I don't think Hugh has written a script to convert part months yet, but I live in hope.

Meanwhile, I'm happy with what I have. Many thanks Hugh.