Author Topic: NWS - Climate Prediction Center forecasts - Summer 2017  (Read 2441 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
NWS - Climate Prediction Center forecasts - Summer 2017
« on: June 01, 2017, 11:53:06 PM »
Dear WeatherCat climate watchers,

Here is the latest 1 month and 3 month forecasts from the National Weather Service - Climate Predication Center.  Here is the one month forecasts of departures from normal temperatures for June:

Here is the equivalent 3 months predictions of temperatures departures from normal for June through August:

As was true last year, there is a prediction of above normal temperatures for a wide swath of the county.  However, I haven't seen these predictions holding up.

Here are the precipitation predictions of departures from normal for June:

If so, much of the South will be unusually wet.

Here is the equivalent graph for June to August:

If this pans out the heartland of the country will get above normal rainfall.

Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: NWS - Climate Prediction Center forecasts - Summer 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 04:49:41 PM »
Thanks for posting this. We are off to a good start in the Wasatch mountains; we had a half inch (~ 13 mm) of rain yesterday. That puts us above our average rainfall for June.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
July's forecasts (Re: NWS - CPC forecasts - Summer 2017)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 10:08:01 PM »

Here is the latest 1 month and 3 month forecasts from the National Weather Service - Climate Predication Center.  Here is the one month forecasts of departures from normal temperatures for July:

Here is the equivalent 3 months predictions of temperatures departures from normal for July through September:

As was true last year, there is a prediction of above normal temperatures for a wide swath of the county.  However, I haven't seen these predictions holding up.

Here are the precipitation predictions of departures from normal for July:

If so, once more much of the South will be unusually wet.

Here is the equivalent graph for July to September:

This prediction suggests parts of Texas will have relatively wet summer.

Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 12:11:29 AM »
Equal Chance in most of the States is way better than the Below Average we have been seeing for precipitation in the west for such a long time.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
September's forecasts (Re: NWS - CPC forecasts - Summer 2017)
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 12:20:06 AM »

Sorry you'all, I flaked out and forgot the August predictions, but here is the latest 1 month and 3 month forecasts from the National Weather Service - Climate Predication Center.  Here is the one month forecasts of departures from normal temperatures for September:

Here is the equivalent 3 months predictions of temperatures departures from normal for September through November:

This year, these forecasts of hotter than normal temperatures are looking more credible.

Here are the precipitation predictions of departures from normal for September:

If correct than the Eastern part of the country will have an unusually wet start to Autumn.

Here is the equivalent graph for September to November:

This prediction suggests that the South will have relatively wet Autumn.

Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 12:33:09 AM »
For my locale, I like the precipitation outlook but don't care much for all those above-average temperatures.
Blick