Author Topic: ;-) It was a horrible monster! 2 heads, 8 legs, 2 tails, . . . .  (Read 3708 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear WeatherCat observers of wildlife,. . . . . . .

[wink] . . . . I was about to head out the back door when I saw it!  It was a ghastly sight!  It had 2 heads, 8 legs, 2 tails and a voracious appetite!  Don?t believe me!  I have the pictures to prove it!

There was one that was even bigger!  Although it only had 1 head, 4 legs, and 1 tail:

As I said, the creature had a horrible appetite and was devouring everything in it?s path:

No vegetation that is "deerlicious" is safe so long as a creature like this is on the loose! . . .  [lol2]

Seriously, it is another year for probably the same doe to raise her fawns.  We get two baby deer each year but they seem to disappear before the next year.  This year these poor creatures are going to have an especially hard time.  Between the hot weather and the road repaving projects it is a very hard year to be a wild creature.

Such are the conditions that prevail . . . . .

Edouard

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
Re: ;-) It was a horrible monster! 2 heads, 8 legs, 2 tails, . . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 03:53:51 AM »
Nice pictures, Edouard! I'm sure glad you got that camera. Thanks for sharing!

[cheers1]
Herb

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Still lurking about! (Re: ;-) It was a horrible monster!)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:54:20 PM »
Dear WeatherCat . . . . monster hunters!  ???

Well this one isn't as dramatic as the the one back in July, but it might be one 1/2 of the monster:

If this one looks guilty, that's because it was  . . . . .drinking!!!   [beer]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. Okay so it was just drinking water . . . . I suppose I could put beer in the bird baths and see what happens!  [biggrin]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Da' plot thickens . . . (Re: ;-) It was a horrible monster!)
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 12:49:10 AM »
Dear WeatherCat yard maintainers, . . . . .

I headed out to refill the birdbaths referenced in the earlier post and the doe and fawn which started in the previous post had only "moved along" about 25 feet or so into a shady part of the yard.  However, there were most definitely - not - alone!  A good sized stag was tailing the duo clearly determined to make sure that there would be some photos for me to take in the 2017 season!  As far as I could tell, the doe wasn't so enthusiastic!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. Ya' know, if someone could figure out how to sell birth control to female deer, he would make a fortune!!  [lol2]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: ;-) It was a horrible monster! 2 heads, 8 legs, 2 tails, . . . .
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 12:51:54 AM »
Backyard wildlife: I'll see your deer and raise you a pair of mooses (mother and child reunion, with apologies to Paul Simon).
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Moose beat my deer! (Re: ;-) It was a horrible monster! )
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 10:51:31 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat backyard wildlife watchers,

Backyard wildlife: I'll see your deer and raise you a pair of mooses (mother and child reunion, with apologies to Paul Simon).

You've definitely beat me on that one.  The biggest beasts around here are the stags, but even they are really timid around us 2-legged types.

Cheers, Edouard