Author Topic: Editing an Erroneous record  (Read 3615 times)

pete

• Calm
Editing an Erroneous record
« on: July 18, 2012, 05:20:58 AM »
Hi guys,
Im about to join the fold and purchase WeatherCat..2 days left on my trial but one thing i cant get to work.. is how does one edit a false record.
the other day i had a wind record gust of 144.6km/h on my lacrosse ws 2355. (it wouldn't have been over 40 at best)

Ive tried opening the "data viewer/editor" in tools and changing the field to a different figure but it dosent save the change at all. (after about 30 seconds it just changes back too the original false record)

Is there a trick to it?
and, if so, once a reading is changed does it auto correct other things like record for the month and year etc.?

Will appreciate some help, Ive tried searching first but couldn't find an answer ;-)

HairyMcLeary

• Strong Breeze
    • DW5912
    • INORTHOT6
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355, iMac 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, Mountain Lion
Re: Editing an Erroneous record
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Welcome aboard. I also have a WS-2355 and have experienced the famous LaCrosse phantom gales, though not for quit some time.

First thing to do is quit Weather Cat
Go to your Library folder on under your User name on your HDD
Open WeatherCatData folder
There you will see 2 files for each month, each month has it's month number as a prefix (i.e. 7 for July)
Delete the file for the month you want to edit ending in ".hrs" (this will be re-written when you re-start WeatherCat)
Open the other for the month you want to edit in a text editor. I use Komodo for this, (free to download)
Find the data you want to edit and re-save the file
Re-start Weathercat

I hope this helps. Just remember to delete the "hours" file for the month you are editing, otherwise the incorrect data will be -re-written when you re-start WC.

Tony

Tornado Tim

• Strong Breeze
    • Matangi Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 with Solar and WLIP Datalogger (via VVP)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 10:16:13 AM »
You can also use the data viewer/editor...... It wont allow you to change the rain, that when I alter the raw logs.......

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »
I swear there's a cache bug somewhere that causes edits to not stick in the editor sometimes. If the edit isn't sticking, restart WeatherCat after using the editor.

pete

• Calm
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 02:31:43 AM »
Appreciate it.  thanks guys.

HairyMcLeary

• Strong Breeze
    • DW5912
    • INORTHOT6
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355, iMac 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, Mountain Lion
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »
I've never managed to get changes to stick with the built in editor in LWC. I haven't needed to try it with WC.
I will try Stu's tip next time I need to try it.

Tony