Author Topic: Temperature-Humidity in current UK conditions  (Read 3964 times)

toadstone

• Gentle Breeze
    • Big Low Weather, Rainow.
  • Station Details: Station: None Intel i5 Hackintosh 16gb RAM Yosemite
Temperature-Humidity in current UK conditions
« on: July 21, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »
The current weather conditions in the UK have thrown up some interesting data.  After days of rising temperatures suddenly the temperature has dropped to the mid teens celsius.  Looking at the data this morning in the comfort of indoors I noticed that the external humidity was in the 80-90's. Thinking there might be errors I popped outside to see what the conditions were really like.

It was most peculiar, the lower temperature was evident in the breeze but what was most unusual was the occasional spit of moisture in the air. Drizzle/rain it was not. Just every now and again you could feel the spits of moisture.  The cloud base was not low.  We were due to go over to Buxton in the afternoon which meant gaining height in the process. In doing so and after only a short distance a very fine sea type fret was evident.  I can only assume that the moisture where the weather station is, was evaporating allowing the occasional drop of moisture to fall.  And so it has remained all day.

The wind has been easterly and is coming off the North Sea. Looking at the Met Office WOW temperature map you can clearly see the "pacman bite" out of England with low temperatures, especially the higher ground of the Pennines.  Then compare this with the humidity map which virtually replicates the temperature map in its form  Low temperature/high humidity.  The pressure and present weather layers display a similar uniformity.  The only stations (both RAF) showing any precipitation are Waddington and Coningsby.