WeatherCat > WeatherCat iOS Clients

iOS Client Bugs

(1/5) > >>

The Grand Poohbah:
Please put your descriptions of problems with the iOS client in this topic. Include any steps for reproducing the problem. If the App crashes, try to make it crash again and tell how you did it.

N8NOE:
iOS app, does not work with LWC2, but did find WeatherCat..
Still NOT sure waht I need to update to, WeatherCat or LWC2 latest?..

elagache:
Dear N8NOE and WeatherCat fans,

--- Quote from: N8NOE on April 15, 2012, 03:24:10 PM ---iOS app, does not work with LWC2, but did find WeatherCat..
Still NOT sure waht I need to update to, WeatherCat or LWC2 latest?..

--- End quote ---

The iOS client will only work with WeatherCat.  WeatherCat is an evolution of LWC, but not the same program and in particular Stu revised the protocol between the main program and any connected clients.  So if you want to run the iOS client, you'll need to upgrade to da' Cat!  [cat]  Fortunately, WeatherCat converts all your data, preferences files and so.  It is about as painless an upgrade process as has ever existed.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

dogear:
Version 1.0 (120402) daily precitation only seems to work whilst its actually raining. The client for OS 10 seems to represent daily precipitation for a 24 hr period whereas the IOS client seems to represnt daily precipitation over a much shorter period. Cheers

The Grand Poohbah:

--- Quote ---Version 1.0 (120402) daily precitation only seems to work whilst its actually raining. The client for OS 10 seems to represent daily precipitation for a 24 hr period whereas the IOS client seems to represnt daily precipitation over a much shorter period. Cheers
--- End quote ---

I assume you are referring to the "Precipitation per day" row in WeatherCat for iOS. This is the value provided by the server and should represent the accumulated precipitation since midnight. Unfortunately, I can't test this since it stopped raining here and won't resume until September. If you can record actual versus reported by Mac OS-X and iOS clients and send it to me in a message, that would be helpful.

--grand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version