Author Topic: Gauges with Units  (Read 3454 times)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Gauges with Units
« on: February 14, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »
Hi WeatherCat & WeatherCat Client fans,
I thought about the following:
If we take a look at the gauges on our Mac at home we do know what units we are using, don't we?  ;) But what about the people that are visiting our websites? Do they know what units we are using? Sure they know, somewhere on the website there are the stats where all statistics are written with the corresponding units. But not on the gauges... So my idea is to add the units that are set in the preferences of WeatherCat automated by WeatherCat itself to the gauges descriptions. I added an example (made with Pixelmator) to specify what I mean.
I don't really know if this is possible or not - just a thought. We could do this in the translated strings, but: What about a German user that wants to use inches and miles and Fahrenheit, and on the other side an English speaking user wants to use Celsius, km/h ets.? So the program itself should be clever enough to know what units are set and processes the corresponding unit abbreviations to the gauges.  :)
Update: uups, forgot to add the picture...
Reinhard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Yup - right on the mark (Re: Gauges with Units)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
Hi Reinhard and WeatherCat fans,

Yup, you are absolutely correct.  How come I never noticed?

Oh well . . . .

Cheers, Edouard

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Gauges with Units
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 05:08:40 PM »
Thanks Reinhard, added to the list.
Stu.