Author Topic: So Custom Graphs Huh, Anyone else?s do this?  (Read 1844 times)

tizza

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue with no extras, MBPr late 2012
So Custom Graphs Huh, Anyone else?s do this?
« on: December 27, 2018, 11:12:09 AM »
Hey guys I?ve posted this before in the correct place and 123 people looked at it, no one said a word. That was six months ago so the more eyes the better if you don?t mind. It?s also travelled all the way from WC2 High Sierra to WC3 Mohave latest. The data for every particular channel is perfect, I just have to find it in the drop box and the most important one for me right now which is Heat Index, is the only one I can?t find to display. When an Australian is complaining about the heat... yeah I so don?t need to finish that. Anyhoo where I live our heatwaves are generally bone dry. Oh the humidity of it all.
Ext Max Temp: 43.3?c  (110f) new December record
Heat Index    : 46?c     (115f) new December record

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Davis Vantage Vue, MBPr late 2012.
I'm a photographer and have a photography website if you're interested.
http://www.mixed-up-pix.smugmug.com

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: So Custom Graphs Huh, Anyone else?s do this?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 03:48:21 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your needs, it may be that conversion thing from southern to northern hemisphere thing which affects the water draining direction...

Anyway, if you are looking for the "Heat Index" choice in the drop-down lists for "Series 1:" through 3, my copy of WC shows it as the fifth item, just below "Wind Chill".
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

tizza

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »
That was in fact the perfect question to kickstart this off xairbusdriver! Regardless of which Series I use from 1, 2 or 3. The only ones where the carpet matches the drapes is Ext Temperature. The data isn?t corrupted but it?s not under correct drop down options. That why I put those vile electric purple arrows in with a better resolution image that?s why I don?t think people understand what I?m saying.

Setting up the wind vain is the only southern hemisphere problem with a Davis Vantage Vue ISS. So that?s not a WC issue but I still can?t do it.

So if you look closely I want series 1 to display Ext. Humidity but to do that I must choose Int. Temp on series 1
Series 2 shows you that Ext. Temp is working correctly. For daily rainfall in Series Three I must select Cloud Base.

This began around June, no sorry I noticed it in June, but the only one I can?t get to display at all in a graph is Heat Index. I know the data is there somewhere because it reads correctly on the controller panel with the clock. It?s very close with it?s readings compared with two official Australian Weather Bureau stations that are 20km apart and I'm exactly half way between them.

I?m also feeling sick from the heat and we?re not getting it bad where I live but almost the entire inland of the continent has been between 40-49?c (104-120f) for 28 days in some places. Thanks for answering and I hope you understand what my problem is now.

[sun2] Have some of that in gratitude and if you don?t like it too bad :) no refunds we have too much excess.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 09:09:24 PM »
How about a screen shot of your options in the drop-down menu(s)? I think you are saying that ?Heat Index? is not available either because it is greyer-out or not even displayed. As is often said, ?A single image is worth a thousand words?. :) Besides, I have a copyright on my images and it includes modifying them. :P

tizza

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 09:13:19 PM »
They look exactly like yours do, They?re not grey out. The ones I put a line through all show the wrong set of data. Heat index just make a straight between 10-20?c

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Not seeing this. (Re: So Custom Graphs Huh, Anyone else?s do this? )
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 09:58:45 PM »
Dear tizza, X-Air, and WeatherCat faithful,

Hey guys I?ve posted this before in the correct place and 123 people looked at it, no one said a word.
. . . .

Sorry to have not responded to this, but I'm really frantic these days.   Alas, our fearless leader is also extremely busy with his day-job.  Okay I've replicated your graph, but it does what WeatherCat is expected to do.  Here is the image:

I don't know what to tell you.  What does your "Live Data" screen tell you about the data coming off of your Vantage Vue?  Live Data is under the Tools menu near the bottom.  Perhaps that will help us understand what you are observing.

Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 10:13:42 PM »
OK! I finally understand! Unfortunately, I have absolutely no certifiably correct solution for you. However, I rarely let ignorance stop me from offering advice or suggestions!

It is possible that WC has lost its memory of where stuff is, or at least how to find some data in some of its modules.

My easiest to follow suggestion would be to dump your WC preferences. This will be easy for you and even more so for me! WARNING: You will lose every setting you have probably carefully set in WC! Proceed only if you are willing to continue!
  • Make a copy of absolutely all WC Prefs and Custom Graphs and Gauges. Screen shots would be the easiest method, IMHO. Don't forget 'hidden' items like your email password!
  • Quit WC.
  • Rename the HD/Users/WhatEverYourHomeFolderNameIs/Library/WeatherCatData to WeatherCatData.old (you should be asked for your administrator password)
  • Rename the HD/Users/WhatEverYourHomeFolderNameIs/Library/Preferences/com.trixology.weathercat.plist to com.trixology.weathercat.old.plist (you should be asked for your administrator password)
  • Shut down the computer. Do not use Restart.
  • Wait for 32.5 seconds
  • Start up your computer.
  • Start up WC, in case it was not set to automatically start.
  • Reset all the WC Prefs from you screenshots.
  • Attempt to re-create the Custom Graph with the Heat Index setting.

tizza

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 02:35:34 AM »
here ya go bus lady ∑8-) You?re not going to believe it but Heat Index has now appeared when I select pressure. It?s been MIA for a good 10 months.

You?re suggestion sounds like a really good one but I?m not going to try it until I?m feeling better.

Edouard this is what my live stream on a custom graph looks like. It?s perfect on the control panel with the date and time too. I'm only getting bad readings/data at night because my ISS battery is going flat and I can?t find a new one that a good brand name. The first Duracell I used lasted for 3+ years this new one started dropping out at night after a month.

Davis V V: ISS have a SHOCKING glitch when the DP at night to sits at -76?c for five minutes before going blank. Then for another 5 minutes as it comes back to life it will sit at -87. It has completely decimated all of my averages from temperatures, Heat Index, Wind Chill, DP's   

IF ANY ONE HAS AN IDEA PLS JOT IT DOWN IN THIS THREAD