Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 140144 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2016, 05:32:31 PM »
The best thing to do, in fact something you must do if you want to use Meteotemplate, is go through the wiki step by step.
WHAT?!
[banghead] Are you saying we need to read a MANUAL?
You are obviously not a Mac user! [rolleyes2] We don't read manuals!
We don't even need manuals!!
As proof, I submit:

If there are more than 2 steps to something we just don't do it! We have extremely short ... ... short ... ...
atten ...

Nevermind. [blush] [wink] [bounce]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2016, 05:38:28 PM »
This thread is getting interesting and a bit amusing. ha ha
Irving

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2016, 06:11:57 PM »
Of course you can theoretically use ANY mySQL database, but in this case you need the alldata table simply because that is how the template was built. If I wanted to use some other table with other format, I could, but you always have to choose some sort of a format, which you then use in all the scripts. In case of meteotemplate, at the begining I chose some table structure and that is what is used for all the scripts. So you can only use it with alldata table - not becasue it would technically not be possible to use other table, but because that is how all the code was written.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2016, 06:33:14 PM »
Understood.

[tup]
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2016, 06:38:51 PM »
It would of course make more sense to use the already existing database, but... you have to remember that Meteotemplate is not a "template for WeatherCat". It is a template that is compatible with Weather Display, Cumulus, WU, NetAtmo, WView, Meteobridge and now soon WeatherCat so I cannot stick to format used by one of those. I created a new one and scripts that reformat the various formats of other SW to match the one I chose, but you have to therefore have an extra db/table.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »
Just a quick update.
Over the weekend I was busy finishing one other plugin I was working on (if interested: http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=1166)

Today during lunch break I finished the WC scripts and saved them to Tom to test. The file loaded in WC will be called realtimeMT and will be uploaded to your server. It will contain the current conditions which will then be saved to the database by the weatherCat.php script in the weatherCat plugin.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »
OK, the plugin is working :-)

I just need to compile the download file and prepare the documentation, should be ready sometime later today.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - Weather Cat plugin 2.0
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2016, 03:02:19 PM »
OK, well I think I finally got a working version.

In the Plugins section you will find the WeatherCat 2.0 plugin with detailed instructions how to set up WeatherCat and how to set it up on the server.

However:
Make sure that you first go very carefully through the main setup of the template. The database updates is wiki page 5, so you need to complete wiki pages 1-4 before you do this. Downloading just this one file (the plugin) will be totally useless unless the rest of the template is already uploaded to your server, you went through the Main settings and you created the MySQL table - instructions all in the wiki.

I know people often just skim through the wiki, but please make sure you read it and also check the FAQ if you run into problems. And if you have a problem and dont find the answer anywhere, then feel free to ask.

Tom has already confirmed to me it works and helped me with the documentation (thanks Tom), but please, once someone confirms it is working, just let me know here and I will also post about it in the blog etc. I need to make sure it works though.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2016, 07:06:07 AM »
Hello,
is it possible to just replace the WeatherCat 1.0 plugin with V2.0? Y/N?
Thanks,
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2016, 07:29:43 AM »
Yes delete the original and follow the instructions to set it up given in the plugin documentation

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2016, 10:19:16 AM »
Thank you.

I am failing to set up the cron.
Following this instruction (replaced cumulus.php with weatherCat.php):

I end up in this page:

Where is the place to specify the Interval?
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2016, 10:40:13 AM »
Just take a look at http://wetter.unterwurzacher.at/template/indexDesktop.php - Station offline?

And where to specify the Interval? Thanks.
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2016, 12:37:45 PM »
It looks OK, it is trying to update the database.  So probably either it did not connect or you didn't create the table.  Did you run the table creating script?

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2016, 06:04:45 PM »
Seems my webspace provider does not allow CRON - so I tried cron-job.org and it *seems* to be working now. Some things I noticed:

? Station shows OFFLINE
? Time of the sample is two hours behind (shows UTC instead of CEST)

Now trying to feed the alltime database with historical data.

:)
Reinhard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2016, 06:26:39 PM »
Does your host perhaps allow access to CRON via cPanel or some other interface?
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system