Author Topic: What to do with timelapse movies?  (Read 3352 times)

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
What to do with timelapse movies?
« on: July 17, 2016, 01:38:17 PM »
Hi Folks,
Just figured out how to make timelapse movies with my Evocam. But I wonder now what I can do with them, except placing them on a personal website. Are there weather websites that accept timelapses? Would be nice if WC could place them on the Simple Web.
Hope all is well.  Irving

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
  • It is far better to wear out than to rust away.
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
Re: What to do with timelapse movies?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 05:51:45 PM »
Hi,

I use Lookr. They automatically create time lapses for 24 hours, 30 days and 12 months. You can see it in operation at my webcam page.

ALAN.

idunn

• Strong Breeze
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 03:18:04 PM »
Hi Alan,

I was once on Lookr. Registered again now. I did not find it on your website.
Your weather page is very nice. How did you make it? I guess it is not a WC Custom Page. I have a great view and want to make the most of it. For this reason I am starting to use a Canon camera with zoom control from computer. Need now to get a DC power source set up. Attached is the view today using my good ole Logitech.

Irving

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 05:21:42 PM »
The Lookr time-lapse videos for 24 hours, 30 days and 12 months are on my webcam page - click here. They were created using the still images from WC and uploaded to my site.

My website is based on the Saratoga Template (see here). I have added many pages to the original set, mainly what I found on line, with some I designed myself.

You've got quite a view there. I toured the Swiss rail network a few years ago and would love to return to your lovely country in the future.

ALAN.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 08:46:40 PM »
Alan, I recently toured your new website and it looks great. I think its a really nice upgrade from the previous version.
Blick

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 08:52:59 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Blick. It took many hours to get it how I wanted it, but there are still pages under development that I want to try to get working.

But that's a job for the Winter months.

ALAN.

idunn

• Strong Breeze
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »
Greetings folks,
I got thinking again about  time-lapse weather videos. Alan Rowley makes nice use of them on his website. Also Reinhard has fantastic images on his site. Various webcam hosters make videos or slideshows from webcams and offer possibilities of imbedding into websites.  Lookr seems to use images from every hour or every day.
https://www.lookr.com/embed/1443623958
Webcam-4insiders take images every 10 min, which I prefer.
https://www.webcam-4insiders.com/en/useradmin/userregister.php
Unfortunately the only website I have is for the Simple Web of WC and I don't think that I can imbed anything there. In the past I have used the images of from WC to make Youtubes via iMovie. And have used my own webcam images directly via iPhotos and iMovie.  Do we somewhere have a list of WCaters that make use of time-lapses? Unfortunately I offer no good solutions here just some rambling thoughts.
Regards, Irving

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 06:06:37 PM »
You can embed a vid into any web page in several ways. For the WC vids, which are ".mov" files, you can use the following html tags, editing the file location as needed.
Code: [Select]
<embed class="movie-size"
src="http://www.your_domain.com/WeatherCatDailyMovie.mov"
autoplay="true" controller="true" type="video/quicktime" scale="tofit"
pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">
</embed>
<br>
<a href="http://www.freevideocoding.com">FreeVideoCoding.com</a>
This is not my creation, I'm borrowing it from Free Video Code which provides the html for several different video formats, that's why I have that last line above, always provide a link to anything you don't create yourself, even if the dev doesn't require that.

If you are using the "Simple Web" process, I assume you have only one html page.

As for who here uses a web cam images, I'd check any member who has responded to this forum poll. You'll also need a link to their site, of course. Most of us do that the way you have.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system