Author Topic: It Is Hot Today in Kennett Square, PA USA  (Read 2588 times)

MrDave

• Calm
    • KPAKENNE10
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2, WeatherLinkIP, Mac
It Is Hot Today in Kennett Square, PA USA
« on: August 10, 2018, 05:41:32 PM »
Hello WeatherCat colleagues around the world.  I've actually been a lurking new member for about three weeks but have finally decided to be more sociable.

The basics; Davis Vantage Pro2 I've had for 10 years (translate that to two rain gauge failures and one temp/humidity sensor failure), WeatherLinkIP which uploads to my Mac High Sierra and Davis WeatherNet and from there to Weather Underground.  Gender Male, Age Old, Disposition Calm (on most days).  I am an Engineer by education but readily admit to those who care that I've never done a day of engineering.  I do admit that I was a bureaucrat, and a very good one.  I've retired three times, this time for good.

I have been searching for Mac weather station software and have evaluated WeatherTracker and WeatherSnoop, both current versions, and been disappointed.  Hence, I'm now using WeatherCat, and am increasingly pleased with it.

I look forward to interacting with this forum and learning things from you.

Kind regards,
MrDave (aka David Wagner)
Kennett Square, PA USA
 [cheers1] - Any time you're nearby.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: It Is Hot Today in Kennett Square, PA USA
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 07:48:13 PM »
It's time for an un-Official Welcome AboaRd, MrDave!

We seem to have several things in common...
1. My Dad told me I was to be an "engineer" when I was a wee lad and he continued that "encouragement" until I completely failed Calculus 101! [lol] But I was able, a few years later, to get my Flight Engineer rating and told him his demands had been satisfied (as far as I was concerned, anyway!).

2. I actually have a degree in Accounting, which I never used!

3. I have no other experience with weather software (other than reading the printouts before every flight) than WC, but I can't imagine a better supported and constantly improving set of code!

I hope you find this forum to be as helpful and friendly as I have!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: It Is Hot Today in Kennett Square, PA USA)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:01:07 AM »
Dear David, X-Air, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, . . .

Hello WeatherCat colleagues around the world.  I've actually been a lurking new member for about three weeks but have finally decided to be more sociable.

Well by all means!  Welcome to the WeatherCat forum! . .

The basics; Davis Vantage Pro2 I've had for 10 years (translate that to two rain gauge failures and one temp/humidity sensor failure), WeatherLinkIP which uploads to my Mac High Sierra and Davis WeatherNet and from there to Weather Underground.  Gender Male, Age Old, Disposition Calm (on most days).  I am an Engineer by education but readily admit to those who care that I've never done a day of engineering.  I do admit that I was a bureaucrat, and a very good one. 

Thanks for the bio!  Golly you have, by the standards of my station, had an unusually high rate of sensor failures.  Sorry to hear you've had to replace 3 sensors.

I have been searching for Mac weather station software and have evaluated WeatherTracker and WeatherSnoop, both current versions, and been disappointed.  Hence, I'm now using WeatherCat, and am increasingly pleased with it.

I look forward to interacting with this forum and learning things from you.

I think you'll continue to be very pleased with WeatherCat as are all the rest of us.  If you decide to get into webpages, one feature you might enjoy is the web banner.  It is described starting on page 86 of the current WeatherCat manual.  It is what displays the weather information in our signatures for the forum.  However, it only works if you have some sort of web hosting service.

Thanks for sharing and indeed feel free to ask any question you might have!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. By the way, you will find out soon enough that I have the "other" welcome wagon to be found in these parts . . . . .

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 12:48:52 AM »
Welcome aboard Mr Dave
 Hope you enjoy using WeatherCat
I have been using this developers software for many years and he is always upgrading it
Stu has come along ways since his start and has always had a great program
I believe you will be as happy with it as all of us are

cheers

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 06:38:54 AM »
Welcome, MrDave!
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 12:18:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum MrDave!
Blick