Author Topic: Local Moon Page  (Read 2965 times)

TechnoMonkey

• Strong Breeze
    • EW9323
    • KTXARANS6
    • TechnoMonkeys Weather
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS-2315 / High Sierra Server / Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8GB Ram / OS 120GB SSD / Home Folder 500GB FireWire / DATA 8TB RAID 5 / 1TB TIME CAPSULE
Local Moon Page
« on: February 18, 2016, 01:27:22 AM »
For those interested, here is a standalone moon phase, illumination and rise/set page.  All calculations are done locally. This package will run as is.  Some comments are in place and it should be simple to modify to your needs.

Sorry about the quality of the moons, but my zipped file of my good moons is 3.1MB and unless someone is really interested, I see no reason to jump through hoops at this time.  (My really good ones zip up to almost 100MB)

(Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 2048KB, maximum individual size 1024KB)

(I guess I could do one total and one individual  :) )

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Interested folks could PM you. (Re: Local Moon Page)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 12:07:32 AM »
Dear TechnoMonkey and WeatherCat amateur astronomers,

For those interested, here is a standalone moon phase, illumination and rise/set page.  All calculations are done locally. This package will run as is.  Some comments are in place and it should be simple to modify to your needs.

Thanks for taking the time to assemble this code and putting the efforts so that others could use it.

Sorry about the quality of the moons, but my zipped file of my good moons is 3.1MB and unless someone is really interested, I see no reason to jump through hoops at this time.  (My really good ones zip up to almost 100MB)

There are other ways of sharing files these days.  If someone is really interesting in high quality images, he/she can send you a PM and arrange some way to get the higher-resolution images.  You've done your part for now and what you've posted is more than enough for someone to "test drive" the system.

Thanks again, Edouard

TechnoMonkey

• Strong Breeze
    • EW9323
    • KTXARANS6
    • TechnoMonkeys Weather
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS-2315 / High Sierra Server / Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8GB Ram / OS 120GB SSD / Home Folder 500GB FireWire / DATA 8TB RAID 5 / 1TB TIME CAPSULE
Re: Local Moon Page
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 02:56:41 PM »
Better moons

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hef2wknisjb2ya8/phases.zip?dl=0

(edit - 11-22-2016 - Shifted the moon names by two in order to better correlate with the full moon.)