Author Topic: How to Display Your Library Folder in Mavericks  (Read 2990 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
How to Display Your Library Folder in Mavericks
« on: January 27, 2014, 01:11:41 AM »
Thanks for this new forum category. Edouard, you are always thinking. Don't think so fast you start a fire in your dry back garden.

I'm probably the last to discover this, but with Mavericks, Apple provided a way to always display your Library folder in the Finder without heading to the Terminal.

• In Finder, make sure you have checked the box in Preferences | Sidebar to display your user home directory
  • In Finder, single click on your user home folder in the sidebar
  • From the View pulldown menu, select Show View Options
  • Check the box that says Show Library Folder - note that this option only appears when Show View Options is selected for a window showing the user's home folder

From now on, your Library will show up every time you click on your user home folder in Finder. As we are constantly checking something in our Library folder for WeatherCat, I found this method preferable to holding down the Option key whilst in the Finder's Go menu. Perhaps this will be helpful to someone else.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks for the tip! (Re: Display Your Library Folder in Mavericks)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:13:45 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat fans,

Thanks for this new forum category. Edouard, you are always thinking. Don't think so fast you start a fire in your dry back garden.

;) . . . . .  oh my!  extinguish that thought!!  [biggrin]

Pun intended!!  ::)

I'm probably the last to discover this, but with Mavericks, Apple provided a way to always display your Library folder in the Finder without heading to the Terminal.

Thanks for the tip!!  I'm finding that Snow Leopard has its advantages in its old-fashioned "let us users tinker" setup.  I suspect that when I can finally upgrade, I'll be trying to find all sorts of ways to remove the "kiddie controls" on Mavericks!  ::)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Thanks for the tip! (Re: Display Your Library Folder in Mavericks)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:47:02 AM »
I suspect that when I can finally upgrade, I'll be trying to find all sorts of ways to remove the "kiddie controls" on Mavericks!  ::)

User access to the User Library was removed (hidden) back in Lion and Mountain Lion, so adding a user friendly way of showing it is a step up.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
Re: How to Display Your Library Folder in Mavericks
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »
Thanks for the reminder, Blick! I have run across the instructions for doing that awhile back, but I never did it and forgot about it. It's just in time, too. I need to get in there and archive my Weathercat Satellite Imagery files. If I let them continue to build up, the Time Machine backup just takes longer and longer.
Herb