Author Topic: No Weather Station Found  (Read 1960 times)

geoffdickinson

• Calm
  • Station Details: Aercus WS3080
No Weather Station Found
« on: October 24, 2014, 07:53:37 PM »
After 6 months of almost faultless operation my Fine Offset Solar/UV station has suddenly stopped communicating with Weather Cat. USB cable fine, connections fine. I upgraded to Yosemite a week ago. I am still running Weather Cat 1.24.

Tried everything I can think of.

Is this to do with Yosemite? Do I need to upgrade to Weather Cat 2?

Advice anyone?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Power-cycle the console (Re: No Weather Station Found)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:08:53 PM »
Dear Geoff and WeatherCat fans,

After 6 months of almost faultless operation my Fine Offset Solar/UV station has suddenly stopped communicating with Weather Cat. USB cable fine, connections fine. I upgraded to Yosemite a week ago. I am still running Weather Cat 1.24.

I don't know if WeatherCat 1.24 does run on Yosemite or not, there is enough wonderful improvements in WeatherCat 2 that you probably should upgrade just to get the extra goodies.

However, your station may have another problem.  Check out the troubleshooting tips on the WeatherCat Wiki:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Fine_Offset

For your problem it is suggested that you try resetting the station by powering off your console for 10 minutes, then powering it back up, and setting the date/time on the console once more.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

geoffdickinson

• Calm
  • Station Details: Aercus WS3080
Re: No Weather Station Found
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 03:34:10 AM »
Thanks for that. Restarting did the trick! I never thought of that. Doh! Yes, an upgrade to Weather Cat 2 is coming.

Cheers