Author Topic: Sweden checking in  (Read 2683 times)

bts

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, Mac Mini
Sweden checking in
« on: September 03, 2013, 12:10:23 AM »
Hi, I'm a new member from the southeast corner of Sweden, close to the city of Karlskrona. I have been collecting weather data for several years, starting with an Oregon station. Now I use a Davis VP2. I have tried most of the PC-based weather software. Cumulus was the one I liked the best.
When I recently switched from PC to Mac, I decided to let WeatherCat take over from Cumulus. The software looks great and I like to use it, but I have not yet found a method of importing my old data from Cumulus.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum. (Re: Sweden checking in)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:00:39 PM »
Dear BTS and WeatherCat fans,

Hi, I'm a new member from the southeast corner of Sweden, close to the city of Karlskrona.

First welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

When I recently switched from PC to Mac, I decided to let WeatherCat take over from Cumulus. The software looks great and I like to use it, but I have not yet found a method of importing my old data from Cumulus.

Unfortunately given the many other weather station programs and data formats out there, WeatherCat doesn't have much in the way of data import facilities.  Most users have attempted to cobble their own import tool using other software.  WeatherCat stores it data in a text file with a well documented format, so others have managed to accomplish this sort of conversion.  I've only used WeatherCat and its predecessor LWC so I've never had this problem.  Perhaps others who have made conversions can help you with this.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

iccb

• Gentle Breeze
    • S??tilanne Eurassa
  • Station Details: Mac Mini (late 2018), Davis Vantage Pro2
Re: Sweden checking in
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »
Welcome and hello from Finland!  [bounce]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Sweden checking in
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 06:17:28 AM »
Welcome BTS:

I have visited Sweden, if Stockholm and Gothenburg count. I have also purchased furniture from Ikea and have a Vantage Pro2 so we are practically cousins. Welcome to WeatherCat!
Blick