Author Topic: Hello from Dallas Texas  (Read 2368 times)

Pugman1943

• Calm
  • Hello from near Dallas, TX
    • DW-3278
    • KTXDUNCA4
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 with solar and radiation, IMac 21 inch, OSX 10.9
Hello from Dallas Texas
« on: July 03, 2014, 09:22:56 PM »
 [sweat2].  Hi all.  My name is Ed but I go by Pugman1943 ( we have had four Pugs, and if you math is any good, I'm 71 years old).

I'm running on a 21 inch IMac, OSX 10.9, Davis Vantage Pro 2 with solar and radiation.

Because of location, storms are relative here and I've been into the weather thing for seven years.  I had been running WD but it likes to poop out.  I did some searching and found this place, which is still running after 36 hours straight ( amazing ).  TechSupport has been great ( thank you oh great Webmaster).

Right now all I do is the basics because my learning curve is longer with age factored in, but if one of you want to lend a hand, someone tell me how to get the satellite function running ( if possible ), and yes, I want the USA and Texas.

For now, I am known to write an Epistle, but will keep it short and say good to be here and hope to interface with some of you in the future.
Ed Conway ( Pugman1943 )

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Hello from Dallas Texas
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:40:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ed.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »
Ed, welcome to WeatherCat. It is not only great software, but this is a very friendly forum. I lived in Texas for 30 years before the weather drove me out. If you're only 71, you're just a kid so keep on truckin'.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 03:28:49 PM »
Hi Ed
 Welcome to WeatherCat best weather software there is for the mac
 Hope you enjoy it as much as i do

cheers
 [cheers1]

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:39:51 AM »
Hello Ed! Welcome!

Just one question? What did you mean by, "? someone tell me how to get the satellite function running ( if possible ), and yes, I want the USA and Texas."

No sabe eso. Oh, sorry. Listening to the Texas Tornados right now. (Really. Pure coincidence. Random play.)

But, I'm still confused. Satellite function?

Herb
Herb