Author Topic: Banner Generator  (Read 2641 times)

ColdnFrosty

• Strong Breeze
    • AS918
    • KNHSTRAT15
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2, iMac Pro, MacOS Ventura 13.5.1, WC 3.2.0 (364)
Banner Generator
« on: August 04, 2015, 03:13:01 PM »
I've had the banner generator running, and according to the banner generator window, it is saved to the "Custom Web output folder."

I turned off the "Enable Custom Web Pages" by unchecking that box. However, the banners are still being generated and uploaded.

How do I stop the banner generation?

Thanks!

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Banner Generator
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:53:37 PM »
Maybe UN-checking the "FTP To Custom Web: item in Tools menu->Banner Generator. I've never used this thing. Do you also have a 'tag' in any html page hat displays the Banner?

I guess, as a last resort, you could "Delete" the appropriate page from the WC Prefs->On-Line->Custom Web->Additional Files list. I'm not sure how anything would be uploading to your site with an UN-checked Custom Web Pages. OTOH, are you using the "Simple Web->Create Web Pages" function?
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
One more fun thing to play with. (Re: Banner Generator)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 10:57:13 PM »
Dear X-Air, ColdnFrosty, and WeatherCat budding artists, . . .

Maybe UN-checking the "FTP To Custom Web: item in Tools menu->Banner Generator. I've never used this thing.

X-Air, you'll definitely want to make yourself a snazzy banner someday.  I wrote a tutorial on how to convert a carefully posed photograph into a nifty banner.  You'll find it on the WeatherCat Wiki:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Photo_to_active_banner_tutorial

This one might be worth more than one day worth of amusement if you include the time to capture that perfect photo.  I've made a point to try to photograph my weather instruments against a dramatic sky as potential raw material for things like the WeatherCat banner, the WeatherCat avatar, and stuff like that.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. I believe X-Air's proposed remedy should solve your problem ColdnFrosty, but honestly, I wouldn't want to ever turn off my banner!  ;D

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Banner Generator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 04:51:36 PM »
I have a slightly less informative 'banner generator'. It just shows a random, severely cropped version of some of my favorite images. It is mostly images I created, but others are of FedEx aircraft. I "severely" edited one of the DA-20 images by turning it horizontally and then making the logo and tail numb reversed! Hope they don't come after me for Copyright abuses! :o

I have an expanded version of this random image behavior on my 'in-progress' site. I put it under the time-lapse video so it's less distracting to people who just want weather-related stuff. [blush]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Forum badge of honor . . (Re: Banner Generator)
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 11:09:45 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat artists, . . .

I have a slightly less informative 'banner generator'.

You might at some point want to use the WeatherCat banner generator as most of us do.  Most of us regulars have our banner as part of our forum signature.  It is kind of fun as you can see the weather conditions of the posters at the time you visit the forum.  As you may have already noticed, some of these are quite elaborate.

In addition, Stu uses the banners as part of the advertising for WeatherCat.  Stu randomly displays banners at the top of the home page of trixology:

http://trixology.com/

So if you want to help Stu sell more copies of WeatherCat (and therefore have the desire to add more goodies to WeatherCat,) this is one way you can help "spread the word."

Cheers, Edouard