Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2230 times)

weathersnoop

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
Hello
« on: September 03, 2018, 07:52:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Boisy, and I'm the author of WeatherSnoop.

I've been aware of WeatherCat and its predecessor, Lightsoft Weather Center and have kept an eye on the forums from time to time, but until recently hadn't spent any appreciable time using the software. After procrastinating and never quite "getting 'round to it," I now have a Mac dedicated to running it.

I'm very much aware that WeatherCat and WeatherSnoop compete in the same niche space (Mac users who own personal weather stations). In the interest of full disclosure, my purpose for using WeatherCat is to both become a user of the software and to see how it compares to WeatherSnoop. To that end, I purchased a WeatherCat license today and joined the forums.

Speaking of the forums, the community here seems very robust. As I mentioned above, I've scanned the forums over the years, and I've always been impressed with the number of people who champion the product. It's a remarkable achievement that eclipses our own forums.

So anyway, that's my "hello world" post. Thanks.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:31:52 PM »
Hello Boisy and welcome to the Cat and the WeatherCat forum. I am a former WeatherSnooper and used to live in the South, so we have at least two things in common. 
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Hello)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »
Dear Boisy, Blick, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, . . .

My name is Boisy, and I'm the author of WeatherSnoop.

I've been aware of WeatherCat and its predecessor, Lightsoft Weather Center and have kept an eye on the forums from time to time, but until recently hadn't spent any appreciable time using the software. After procrastinating and never quite "getting 'round to it," I now have a Mac dedicated to running it.

I'm very much aware that WeatherCat and WeatherSnoop compete in the same niche space (Mac users who own personal weather stations). In the interest of full disclosure, my purpose for using WeatherCat is to both become a user of the software and to see how it compares to WeatherSnoop. To that end, I purchased a WeatherCat license today and joined the forums.

Well now, your joining is rather unexpected, but nonetheless, welcome to the WeatherCat forums!

I'm sure all of us will be interested in any observations you may have about WeatherCat.

Speaking of the forums, the community here seems very robust. As I mentioned above, I've scanned the forums over the years, and I've always been impressed with the number of people who champion the product. It's a remarkable achievement that eclipses our own forums.

We have been fortunate to have a number of devoted and inspired contributors to this forum.  WeatherCat has also been lucky in having other authors contributing add-ons from time to time.  Having to deal with forums on other topics, I can attest to how precious an empathetic community really is.

Once more welcome!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 06:46:16 AM »
Welcome, Boisy!
Reinhard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 03:38:22 PM »
Welcome AboaRd, Boisy!

Where does "Boisy" come from? Only one I know of is the capitol of the beautiful state of Idaho. [interesting]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 11:28:21 PM »
Welcome to WeatherCat and forum
 Will be interesting to here your input about how you like WC
I have been using both LWC and WeatherCat from the beginning
So welcome aboard

cheers