Author Topic: Template for Swiss TV. Help please.  (Read 3146 times)

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
Template for Swiss TV. Help please.
« on: December 25, 2012, 10:43:30 AM »
Hello All,

As of Christmas Day 2012, I am a new WeatherCat user and have the following to ask:

Swiss TV has a weatherwatcher (wettermelder) feature that allows pws guys to upload webcams and weather data. I was sent a template which shows how I should upload the data. I have pasted it below. My question is: Does WeatherCat have such a feature that will generate something like this? Can anyone advise me how to proceed with WC on this?

My webcam download was successful and can be seen at the top left with View SE to Sihl Alps label http://www.wettermelder.sf.tv/webcams

Also it can be seen by googling icantono2 on Wunderground, where my data is also found.

Thanks for any help, Irving

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<wetterredaktion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.metweb.ch/xml_definitions/meteodata.xsd">
<meteodata type="observations">
<produced>%ws_utc_year%-%ws_utc_month%-%ws_utc_day%T%ws_utc_hour%:%ws_utc_minute%:00Z</produced>
<author>Christoph Siegrist</author>
<location type="station">
<info>
<id>%stationsid%</id>
<name language="de">%stationsname%</name>
<coordinates>
<long>%long%</long>
<lat>%long%</lat>
<height>%height%</height>
</coordinates>
</info>
%unit_off%%alwaysseppoint_on%%alwayssepcomma_off%
<values>
<valid><date>%ws_utc_year%-%ws_utc_month%-%ws_utc_day%T%ws_utc_hour%:%ws_utc_minute%:00Z</date></valid>
<value type="globalirradiance_mean_10min" unit="W/m2">%curval[42]%</value>
<value type="windspeed_10m_max_10min" unit="m/s">%ws_newunit[45]=1%%curval[45]%</value>
<value type="windspeed_10m_mean_10min" unit="m/s">%ws_newunit[35]=1%%curval[35]%</value>
<value type="temperature_2m_mean_10min" unit="C">%curval[0]%</value>
<value type="sealevelpressure_mean_10min" unit="hPa">%curval[33]%</value>
<value type="winddirection_10m_mean_10min" unit="degrees">%curval[36]%</value>
<value type="humidity_2m_mean_10min" unit="percent">%curval[18]%</value>
<value type="dewpoint_2m_mean_10min" unit="C">%curval[43]%</value>
<value type="precipitation_sum_10min_mm" unit="mm">%ws_newunit[34]=1%%curval[34]%</value>
</values>
</location>
</meteodata>
</wetterredaktion>

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Folks on Christmas holiday (Re: Template for Swiss TV. Help please.)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 10:49:45 PM »
Hi Irving and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

First, welcome to the WeatherCat forum! 

Second, yes WeatherCat can easily generate this sort of thing using the same mechanism that WeatherCat uses to create custom web pages.  While this template is in XML, WeatherCat should be able to go though a file like this just as it would go through an HTML file and insert values in the appropriate places.

What you need to know is covered in the WeatherCat manual starting on pages 73 and also in appendix-4 of the manual starting on page 161.

If you need a little tutorial on such things, hopefully some of the other WeatherCat regulars can offer some pointers.  However, everyone is busy Christmas merry-making.  However, if you are patient there should be more replies later this week.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Template for Swiss TV. Help please.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
Have a look at the UKWN template found in the WeatherCat distribution (Web Templates/UKWN) - it looks pretty similar.