Author Topic: MS Office 2011 - The End is Nigh!  (Read 1689 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
MS Office 2011 - The End is Nigh!
« on: August 23, 2017, 07:55:32 PM »
A few will be sad. But there are several alternatives, not all of which are free, of course.
Tragically, too many will prove the validity of the last line in the article... [banghead]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks for the head's up. (Re: MS Office 2011 - The End is Nigh!)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 11:12:06 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat office workers,

A few will be sad. But there are several alternatives, not all of which are free, of course.
Tragically, too many will prove the validity of the last line in the article... [banghead]

Hmm, I only use Office for spreadsheets, but I might spring for the student edition to cover that.  Thanks, I would have probably found out da' hard way otherwise.  [banghead]

Cheers, Edouard

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
Re: MS Office 2011 - The End is Nigh!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 11:38:58 PM »
In the UK if you have anyone in the family who is a registered student then you they can get Office 365 University for ?60 for 4 years subscription, installable on two machines - after 4 years you have to buy the home edition, or if you know someone at school the student edition.

This is much cheaper than that article lists, I guess a similar deal is available in the USA?
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: MS Office 2011 - The End is Nigh!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 02:21:27 AM »
I could live with Pages as a substitute, but its not as feature-rich as Word. Numbers is in no way a substitute for Excel and therein lies the rub. If you are a serious spreadsheeter, you have to use Excel. And for very serious spreadsheeters, the Windows version is far superior to the Mac version.

Thanks for the suggestion Mark, I'll see if any of my relatives will let me use their discount.
Blick