Author Topic: Weathercloud  (Read 36217 times)

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Weathercloud
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2014, 04:53:49 PM »
Correct, this data is not uploaded (WeatherCat doesn't have it). Maybe they are going to calculate it sometime in the future?

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2014, 05:42:21 PM »
Reinhard,

You probably already know this, but you can turn off the THW Index in Weathercloud settings, but rather than not displaying the Index, it is simply grayed out, which is easier for coding but not great for visual effect.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2014, 11:53:55 AM »
Thanks, Chaps.

I was irritated because my Live Data do show THW - but this one is made by a synthetic channel by myself  :-[

And yes, Blick, I usually greyed out THW in WeatherCloud. I was just curious if there is a possibility to upload the data from the synth channel.

Maybe they are going to calculate it sometime in the future?
It is possible to show the THSW index on the VP2 Console (but only with added solar sensor on the ISS): Press 2nd and HEAT you get the Heat Index, press another time 2nd and HEAT then it shows the THSW Index. Isn't THW and THSW the same? So those of us who own a solar sensor THSW is calculated - we only need to read out this data within WeatherCat.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2014, 12:06:25 PM »
See page 21 in the (english) manual of Vantage Pro2!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2014, 03:23:20 PM »
When I first opened my Weathercloud account, I looked at the Vantage manual and saw that THSW was calculated and available on the console. I assumed that WeatherCat was uploading that to Weathercloud. I didn't realize that was not the case until I read Stu's comment.

Isn't THW and THSW the same? So those of us who own a solar sensor THSW is calculated - we only need to read out this data within WeatherCat.

THW is calculated by using temperature, humidity and wind, which is apparently what they have in mind at Weathercloud. Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus units calculate the THSW using temperature, humidity, sun and wind, which is slightly different than THW as it takes into account the effect of sunshine on the index.
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »
Also, from previous discussions, the calculated THSW on the console is not included in the data sent out to the computer, so WeatherCat never receives anything to display.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2014, 05:08:40 PM »
Also, from previous discussions, the calculated THSW on the console is not included in the data sent out to the computer, so WeatherCat never receives anything to display.

OK, I didn't know this, sorry for any confusion I caused.  :-[

THW is calculated by using temperature, humidity and wind, which is apparently what they have in mind at Weathercloud. Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus units calculate the THSW using temperature, humidity, sun and wind, which is slightly different than THW as it takes into account the effect of sunshine on the index.

Thanks for clarifying things.  :)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2014, 05:11:32 PM »

Steve, did this post turn out to be incorrect? http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=14684.msg145883#msg145883
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2014, 05:56:56 PM »
I don't know. Here was our previous feature request on adding THSW as a tag. http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=46.0

It is interspersed with some non-related debate about the need for said request, so feel free to skip all that. At the time, common knowledge was that the console didn't send the data. Your linked post was only a month later, but I don't remember reading it. If Stu is interested in adding THSW, he might look to see whether there is indeed data included as described on Loop2.

Quote from: smorris on February 16, 2012, 07:14:23 PM
The Davis VP2 console calculates it if you have the solar sensor (which I do) but does not include it in the packet feed to weather software.

Actually it does in the so called LOOP2 packet (actually a REV B, type 2 packet). Support for that packet type is very limited though as Davis has yet to update their serial documentation with the specs for this packet.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

xairbusdriver

• Storm
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2015, 12:22:02 AM »
Weathercloud has changed the name of the password field from Password to Key
One of my 'Pet Peeves'. If I had a nickel for every different label for "password"... or 'username', 'ID', etc. [banghead]

Onward to less irritating concerns: What was the amount of time between signing up for WeatherCloud and being 'approved' for you guys? I understand they are not exactly a million $/?/?/? company (if they are even organized as one) yet. "Volunteers" often take a bit more time for this kind of thing. I signed up Monday afternoon, probably well after 'office hours' there. Just wondering...
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2015, 05:11:13 AM »
XAir:

I can't remember exactly, but it seemed like I was up and running within a couple of days. Weathercloud made a lot of improvements quickly when they first went live, but they haven't done anything since then. Parts of their site haven't ever worked. They have kind of a different look and feel and I like what they started. They just haven't done anything with it since then. Be patient and eventually they will read their email.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2015, 12:20:44 PM »
They announced Beta 4 via Twitter two weeks ago.
Reinhard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
I'm not a "Twit"! Not sure how any Month Python fan could ever be...  [roll] [spin]

I'll just try to be patient!!! [bounce] [banghead] [goofy]

"rounded corners"?! What's the point?!! :o
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2015, 05:20:14 PM »
OK, they are out with Beta 4 - some nice improvements.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2015, 06:26:14 PM »
Beta 4 is a very nice package of improvements. They finally have all the features in the database working. It is nice to see they are still working on this. I like their graphics; everything is clean and simple.
Blick