Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222286 times)

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
  • Station Details: Oregon WMR200, MAC OS X 10.10, WeatherCat V2
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2013, 01:06:39 AM »
What is in your gauges-ss folder?
That is where the htm page is being run from so there should be all the gauges files in there. Not sure why you have all the folders for the gauges sitting at the root level of your site when they should all be in the folder gauges-ss.

Col.

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2013, 01:13:02 AM »
Having another look at the image, it shows a lot of files there that should be there. (All the .js files for example).

It is as if you uploaded the folder but it didn't retain the folder structure.

Col.

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2013, 01:57:02 AM »
Hi Col
 I first tried what steve said uploaded the whole folder and changed the name to steel
Then I tired what Jace said and uploaded a folder with everything in it that is download  and upzipped
Then I tried uploading all filies that were in the gauges-ss seperately I know WC in processing the realtimegaugesWC.text file and I checked it out on my web site with the correct reading from my WC gauges so the files you were seeing were the ones I uploaded seperately it my be the cheap web site I'm using looking change web hosting soon
Thanks
 [cheers1]

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2013, 03:56:02 AM »
Randall,
It wouldn't be anything to do with your hosting provider as ss-gauges is really basic and should be able to run anywhere.

What I would do (if I were you) is remove all the files in the root level that are not required. The ones I can see in the image that you can delete are:
The four RGraph files.
The gauges-ss folder and any files in it.
The steel folder and any files in it.
The RealTimegaugesWC.txt file.

I would need to see what was in the scripts folder before I would say you can remove it.
Same goes for the css folder and the images folder.

What you should then do is upload your steel folder again to the root level but make sure the folder structure stays intact.
You should end up with the root folder having a sub-directory called steel and all the gauges folders and files underneath it.

Let me know when you have done that and I will check it out for you again.

Col.

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2013, 04:17:52 AM »
The problem lies in the scripts/gauges.js
Code: [Select]
            realTimeURL_WC     : '/subdirectory/gauges-ss/realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***
which specifies the wrong place for the realtimegaugesWC.txt file.  It should read
            realTimeURL_WC     : '/gauges-ss/realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***
and then should work properly as the data is in http://weatheronthehill.6te.net/gauges-ss/realtimegaugesWC.txt

It would also work in this case with
            realTimeURL_WC     : './realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***
as the spec, since the page itself is coming from the same directory (./gauges-ss/) as the realtimegaugesWC.txt file.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2013, 04:25:37 AM »
Totally agree with what you are saying Ken.
I was just trying to get the mess cleaned up so that there were not files all over the place where they are not required.

Col.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2013, 06:45:03 AM »
David,
just google for "brushed metal texture" - maybe you can find a texture that fits your needs!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »
Only one minor problem I've got, don't know if anybody else has seen this at all.

All the gauges except the wind rose update regularly and are accurate with the 'Cat. However the wind rose does not seem to update and the total wind run counter under reads.

I thought initially this was a browser problem as I had it in Firefox but not when I first opened the gauges page in Chrome, alas next day it was the same there too.

Wind wise it has been extremely calm for the last 3 days. probably only had a total wind run for about 20 miles.

My gauges.js settings are:

weatherProgram    : 3,                     
imgPathURL        : '/',             
oldGauges         : 'gauges.htm',           
counter           : 10,                   
gaugeMobileScaling: 0.85,                 
graphUpdateTime   : 15,                   
stationTimeout    : 3,                     
pageUpdateLimit   : 0,       (changed the page update limit from 20 minutes to 0, after 20 minutes the page stopped updating and when I reset using the remote sensor button the rose would not update at all, now the page is updating constantly I get some wind rose data.)             

Cheers

JC

WxOwl

• Gentle Breeze
    • W6DSP AT649
    • KINHUNTI6
    • W6DSP Home Page
  • Station Details: Davis VP2, 24hr fars, MacMini Server-OS10.13
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2013, 04:17:01 PM »
Thanks Reinhard for the how-to instructions and the suggestions on sources for backgrounds. I've found several  textures that I am now playing with.

Nowait, if you were looking for my Saratoga template site it is:  http://www.weather.w6dsp.org
and the gauges are at: http://www.w6dsp.org/steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm

Regards,
David

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
Hi David,

You might want to use the wxssgauges.php page in your template .. I'll need to put that in the WCT-plugin.zip distribution, but it is attached here.  Just change the $ssgDir variable to where you have the gauges installed and it should work out-of-the-box.

Best regards,
Ken

p.s. I added your site to the list of template sites too :)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2013, 07:10:04 PM »
Hi Ken and Col
 After deleting and changing everything per what Ken said the gauges now show up
My problems ins now that the realtimegaugesWC.txt is not uploading to my gauges-ss folder and now it won't up date the gauges
Can some one tell me how to get it to be directed to my gauges-ss folder I can move it manually and it works I'm just not good at this web stuff
thanks
 [cheers1]

UncleBuck

• Strong Breeze
    • IVICTORI276
    • Point Cook Weather
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
Randall,
It is a shortcoming of WeatherCat that you cannot upload an additional file to a different folder to your custom web FTP settings.

If you have your FTP setting uploading your custom web to the root level of your website, then you need to make a change to the gauges.js file so that it can find the realtimegaugesWC.txt file.

Edit the gauges.js file and change the line where it specifies the reaTimeURL_WC to read as follows:
realTimeURL_WC     : '/realtimegaugesWC.txt',

Then upload the gauges.js file replacing the one you have there already.

Col.

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2013, 09:40:50 PM »
Hi col
 Tried that but it still does not find it
I can use my ftp uploader and upload it from WC Web to the gauges-ss folder and it works but really don'r want to have it running all the time
thanks for the help
 [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »
Col,
I do see that you have changed the background color of the gauges themselves to a background image - can you tell me how to? I want to change the background to the pattern attached in this post.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2013, 10:08:17 PM »
Hi Col
 Finally have them working thanks to you and Ken
in the gauges.js file this is what it looks like for it work for me

weatherProgram    : 3,                      //Set 0=Cumulus, 1=Weather Display, 2=VWS, 3=WeatherCat
            imgPathURL        : '/',             //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images
            oldGauges         : 'gauges.htm',           //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'old' gauges page.
            counter           : 10,                     //download data counter (secs, default 60)
            gaugeMobileScaling: 0.85,                   //scaling factor to apply when displaying the gauges mobile devices, set to 1 to disable
            graphUpdateTime   : 15,                     //period of popup data graph refesh, in minutes (default 15)
            stationTimeout    : 3,                      //period of no data change before we declare the station offline, in minutes (default 3)
            pageUpdateLimit   : 20,                     //period after which the page stops automatically updating, in minutes (default 20),
                                                        // - set to 0 (zero) to disable this feature
            pageUpdatePswd    : 'its-me',               //password to over ride the page updates timeout, do not set to blank even if you do not use a password
            digitalFont       : true,                   //Font control for the gauges & timer
            digitalForecast   : true,                   //Font control for the status display, set this to false for languages that use accented characters in the forecasts
            showPopupData     : true,                   //Popup data displayed
            showPopupGraphs   : true,                   //If popup data is displayed, show the graphs?
            showWindVariation : true,                   //Show variation in wind direction over the last 10 minutes on the direction gauge
            showIndoorTempHum : true,                   //Show the indoor temperature/humidity options
            showUvGauge       : true,                   //Display the UV Index gauge
            showSolarGauge    : true,                   //Display the Solar gauge
            showRoseGauge     : true,                   //Show the optional Wind Rose gauge
            showRoseGaugeOdo  : true,                   //Show the optional Wind Rose gauge Windrun Odometer
            showGaugeShadow   : true,                   //Show a drop shadow outside the gauges
                                                        // The realtime files should be absolute paths, "/xxx.txt" refers to the public root of your web server
            realTimeURL_Cumulus: 'realtimegauges.txt',     //*** Cumulus Users: Change to your location of the realtime file ***
            realTimeURL_WD     : 'customclientraw.txt',    //*** WD Users: Change to your location of the ccr file ***
            realTimeURL_VWS    : 'steelseriesVWSjson.php', //*** VWS Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***
            realTimeURL_WC     : 'realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***
Thanks for all your help [cheer] [tup] [woohoo]